1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Fujitsu P50XHA30. Suggestions for initial running hours?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Maninblack, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Maninblack

Maninblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hello everyone.
    Some input on what to 'reduce' my screen settings to to reduce phospor burn on my new screen would be appreciated.

How many hours must I be carefull for?
    SHould I use the white screen at all?

I have the orbitor on at present and avoiding logos or films with black bars.

Im only 6 hours in so far.

After how many hours should I vcalibrate using AVIA or similar?

Thanks for any input.
    Mark

2. YS-YS

YS-YS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well if you wana rush through it, put your contrast and brightness up, get a very fluid image going into it and leave it, (keep a close eye on it) as if it freezes or it goes onto teletext/dvd menu overnight ur ****ed.

what you need to do is burn through the initial layer of the phosphor, and then your screen will settle down and it will be harder to burn,
    most people say reduce your brightness and contrast for 150 - 200 hours, but if it takes 150-200 at normal brightness and you reduce it then it will take longer say 250-300.
    by increasing the brightness you will accelerate this process, dpms (whitescreen) is designed to help clear any shadowing on your screen. ie it wont hurt it.
    yes if you redurce the brightness (if you mess up) and leave a static image on it will take longer to cause perm damage, but it takes longer before you can use your screen propperly.

the orbiter is good, but if you have those movie lines 16:9, 21:9
    it will still burn but a more fuzzy line. orbiter helps but doesnt stop, so try using Zoom1 untill you ran ur screen in then use Wide2.

feel free to calibrate your screen a few times, but dont just cal it and feel happy, have a play and see if you can make it look better for YOU. who knows you might like a green picture :thumbsup:

.... so keep the picture filling the screen, dont leave static pictures on it and absolutely no games. :)

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Your screen is not the most prone to burn, relax a bit. Nor does it come, unlike some, with every setting maxed out. I tend to leave tham as is for 100-200 hours, then calibrate, bearing in mind it may well need re-doing in another 1-200 hours. In the initial period it's a good idea to be extra careful of red dot, logos, and as YS-YS says, game graphics, especially HUD type things. it's not actually the black borders that can burn with films, but occasionally they seem to have a bright line adjacent to the border, I've never seen that burn on a Fujitsu or Panasonic 50"

4. Maninblack

Maninblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Thank you for the suggestions.

So its a case of calibrating it, but be carefull what I watch?

Should the white screen be used at all?

Mark

5. YS-YS

YS-YS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    please take the time to read my post ;-)

you can enable it to come on automatically when there is no source, check out your menu's.

6. Maninblack

Maninblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Noted!