New Fujitsu 42" Plasma ?

mag01

Established Member
Reaction score
Did anyone go to the Bristol Show and see the new Fujitsu 42" Plasma ? I haven't seen it (seen mention of it in other threads here), but am in the market for a 42" plasma so would like to know more about it, in particular how it compares to the Pioneer 436XDE.
In short, should I buy the Pioneer now or wait....

Regards,
Mark.

For me the model with 1024x1024 resolution was the best plasma on display.

hornydragon said:
Can i ask why?

mag are you reffering to the one with the gloss black or silver bezel?
I am sure Graham MG can shed some light onto this

Would need to have the Gloss Black Bezel, to get past the wife. I did ask for more details specifically from Graham in another thread (DVI Input on 436), but didn't get a reply, so the question probably got lost in the thread - hence my reason for starting a new one.
If it matches the 436 for picture quality, and improves on the HTPC connectivity options I'ts probably worth me waiting....

Hello mag01

The New Plasmavision Displays on show at Bristol were the:

P50XHA58ES (1366x768)
P42XHA58ES (1024x768)

Both will be available in Gloss Black or Silver.

Both looked very good on the Fujitsu stand and reportedly will accept a Native rate signal Digitally at both 50Hz and 60Hz.

They are part of the Plasmavision Custom Install range and UK Dealers are hoping to see demo stock in the next month and stock for sale should follow soon after.

Best regards

Joe

Hello Horny

I believe they were about as accurate as anyone can be at present - I believe there are a few specs still to be finalised on these new models.

Best regards

Joe

PS And these have not to be confused with the NEW 'Entry Level' P50XTA51ES and P42HTA51ES models (2 Year warranty).

Thanks for the info Joe. As they are due soon, I'll probably hold off on my decision/purchase until then.

Hello mag01

They certainly 'looked' very good at Bristol - both in terms of image quality and the Black Bezel :)

Lets hope the 50Hz Native Digital support works out!!!

Best regards

Joe

Probably been asked before (if it has please post URL) but why are plasma TV manufacturers sticking to 'computer based' resolutions when the majority of people use them for TV?
Surely 1280x720 would be better for a 'mid range' HD display?

Does anyone know if the 55" fujitsu will be released with a media box?

Hello Bat-man

If you had spent a few hundred million on a 1024x768 and 1366x768 Production plant I'm sure you would be reluctant to ditch it for a 1280x720 plant until you'd paid off the mortgage on the first one :)

You'll see 1920x1080P 50" and larger Displays start to appear later this year but no talk as yet of 1280x720P or 1920x1080P 42" models.

Best regards

Joe

PS I think you mean the majority of Consumers use them for a TV - I think PC/Display/Presentation still takes the bigger slice of the Plasma market (though only just).

hmm no google hits on the above mentioned models - can this be true?

Hello o27

So you guys want to know everything first and go and double check it on the web :)

As per my previous post these new models are still being finalised - and that includes the UK model designation; which will not be the same as the US model designation.

AVForums members have a pretty good newsfeed into the UK plasma market!!!

Best regards

Joe

PS
P50XHA58ES - UK SRP £3,695.00 (inc Three Year Warranty)
P42XHA58ES - UK SRP £2,695.00 (inc Three Year Warranty)

Joe Fernand said:
Hello Horny

I believe they were about as accurate as anyone can be at present - I believe there are a few specs still to be finalised on these new models.
The card under the 42" stated 1366x768 Res on Friday!
And i had previously confused the 58 models (black bezel) with the 51 model (silver bezel?) was the silver 42" at bristol a 40 or 51? TBH i coulndt take my eyes off the black beast of the 58 series to check............

Hello Horny

You may be correct on that one - I didn't see the card but have now received a PDF of the Flyer that was being handed out at Bristol and it does indeed say 1366x768 for the 42" model.

EDIT Just re-read the notes that came with the PDF and it definitely says 1024x768 for the 42" UK model!!!

Joe

Joe Fernand said:
EDIT Just re-read the notes that came with the PDF and it definitely says 1024x768 for the 42" UK model!!!

Joe
Thats what Graham said it was and i assumed it to be (it wasnt ALIS put it that way) I guess we will have to sit tight for the final spec but i think i have just found my next plasma! :D

I've got the flyers from the show in front of me. The only cover the 51's and 40's...pretty sure the labels under each screen said the same.

Resolution for all 42" (40 & 51 series) 1024x1024.

resolution for all 50"+ (40 & 51 series) : 1366x768

no mention of 58's, which is very odd if you're showing off a new model?

Jus.

JUS said:
I've got the flyers from the show in front of me. The only cover the 51's and 40's...pretty sure the labels under each screen said the same.

Resolution for all 42" (40 & 51 series) 1024x1024.

resolution for all 50"+ (40 & 51 series) : 1366x768

no mention of 58's, which is very odd if you're showing off a new model?

Jus.
I think they are so NEW they didnt have chance to print the proper info

hehe wish i could have seen that glossy black screen - meaning that if it could truely impress HornyDragon, it surely must have been more that usually appealing:)

Unfortunately i live in Denmark, and so far i havent seen a single dealer having any Fujitsu plasmas!

Can it be true that theres not a single retailer selling Fujitsu plasmas here in Denmark? That would really be a major downer as it already sounds my dream monitor!

Any chance any of you guys could post a picture or a link so i can get the feeling of what the glossy black screen is all about?:D

o27, chance for you to become the sole dealer ;)

Hahaha true that - just dont really think i have it in me to setup a store from scratch!

Just made my first plasma purchase and went for the fujitsu.......wow
Personally I am very happy with it..picture quality is excellent
Looked better than anything else it was up against in the shop.
I'm a true believer......Fujitsu Rocks:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

razor649 said:
Just made my first plasma purchase and went for the fujitsu.......wow
Personally I am very happy with it..picture quality is excellent
Looked better than anything else it was up against in the shop.
I'm a true believer......Fujitsu Rocks:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Which model?

o27 i am sure there is a danish or german dealer who will ship to you. GrahamMG will probably know who the distributor is, Stay away from Fujitsu-seimens and others that have Fujitsu in the name! they are trading off the name and are cheapo units

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom