1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Fuji HD screens are non-Alis and 720p@50mhz digital?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by calvinhobbes, Jan 10, 2005.

1. calvinhobbes

calvinhobbes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've heard on the grapevine that Fujitsu are about to release new HD screens that are non-ALIS and will accept 720p via digital at 50Mhz. Has anyone heard anything on this? If true, it could be the holy grail!

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    not sure about non ALIS HD 42" but the HHA,HHS,VHA 40 series are supposed to be 720p @ 50Hz compatible the 50,55,63 XHA are a different matter but will also be 720p @ 50Hz as far as i am aware (more info will be out soon) I would love a Fujitsu Alis capable of HD on DVi the HHA give the most cinematic images......unfortunatley price is always going to be an issue Fujitsu are at the top end of the Plasma market and have always offered exceptional products

3. Dillz

Dillz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Anyone know how the PQ of a Fujitsu compares to a Panny ? I have never seen the two side by side.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    VHA30 fujitsu was panny glass and better electronics (fujtsu AVM is incredible) so its at least as good if not better (as long as they are still using panny Glass) and their ALIS panels are a sight to behold..... (via interlaced component) not sure how they will cope wil DVi tho but probably be very good

5. cucuz

cucuz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The forthcoming models have AVM2 processing and from what is being said on the AVS forums by people who have taken delivery of, and those who have seen demos they seem to be very impressed indeed .

6. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,803
    I have to disagree with Horny re Fujitsu. They have been some of the worst plasma's I've ever seen.

The new ones are E-ALIS....which I tried to understand but couldn't from the diagrams...even tried to speak to someone in US at CES but gave up as it was too long a wait and we were on a mission. I do think these new ones are going to be better than previous from limited time seeing them at CES. More choice is good!

Gordon

7. cucuz

cucuz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I thought the 50" was Panasonic glass ?

8. Stephen Wilde

Stephen Wilde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Horny and Gordon are both experts so why do they disagree so much over Fuji displays?
    I think MAW supports Gordon's view but I tend to support Horny as do many USA users.
    Can this be resolved before long please ?

9. cucuz

cucuz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I think that this can only be resolved by adopting the principle of " beauty is in the eye of the beholder ". It's best to get expert advice but you have to see it for yourself .

10. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I am not as technical as gordon I like the Fujitsu image (especailly the panny glass models......) who wants to but a PW7 VHA40 and VR5 in the same room??????? perhaps chuck an MXE1 in as well for good measure..

11. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,803
    Indeed who do you trust.....ONLY YOURSELF. If I see objectionable artefacts I class that as bad. What I find objectionable you may not.....The 50" Panny glass Fujis are better than the appaling 42" Alis ones though.

Gordon

12. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    i dont understand what e-Alis is either, thought perhaps it was just standard glass (seems not) Oh well demo should be available soo no doubt they will have them at bristol (hopefully running 720p @ 50Hz over DVi!!!!!)

13. tradesman

tradesman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I read that both these manufacturers share the same factory 50% each and the similarity between the two makes is almost identical the only difference being the fuji plasmas cost thousands more than hitachi

regards jack

14. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    fujitsu/hitachi joint venture for manufacture of glass means they share a factory.......but the electrnoics int the screns is what makes the difference..... Fujitsu use ALIS glass as well as pannysourced glass and some other glas as well, Hitachi just use ALIS...

15. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    The P42VHA31 used Korean manufactured glass to replace the Panasonic glass used on the P42VHA30. In some ways preferred the Korean glassed unit, similar contrast but brighter colour with otherwise all the same processing. The assumption is that the 40 series Fuji's will use Panasonic but I'm not so sure if they will at all.

And e-ALIS? Lordy I dunno either, summat to do with using the ALIS driving technique of alternating where the electrodes are fired between odd and even lines and hence only needing one electrode line for each two lines of pixels. But this time it's quick enough to assemble the whole image together for progressive rather than interlaced display!! (i.e. it charges both lines of info in the time classic ALiS could only do one lines worth hence the need for interlaced display)

16. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    so progressive ALIS....but oh well never mind I'll go confuse the Muppets on the next fujitsu stand i see then!!! yeah i wasnt so keen on the 31, Samsung glass..... if they go to Sammy glass in 40 range will be interesting but its the burn resistance of the panny glass that makes it ideal Sammy's BURN and thats not good for Fujitsu who have managed to sit above the rest and stay out of the bunfight (to a certain extent doing there own thing with Hitachi, like pioneer) going to cheaper korean glass i think could be a mistake......