New front speakers

G

glasgow boy

I'm looking for new front and centre speakers for around £100 each to mount either side and below a 37" plasma. Would like these to be silver, wall mounted, similar in shape/style to the yamaha NS-P110 (see image).

I've got Tannoy FX5.1's which I'm using as the rears but I'm finding it difficult to get any to match these and in the style I want. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• yamaha NS-P110 speakers.jpg
    yamaha NS-P110 speakers.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 39
Has anyone got either the Harman Kardon HKTS11 or the JMlab Sib XL speakers?

Would these be a good match for Tannoy FX5.1 rears on both music and film?

Attachments

• Harman Kardon HKTS11 AV.jpg
    Harman Kardon HKTS11 AV.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 35
  • JMlab Sib XL.jpg
    JMlab Sib XL.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 34
The rear speakers mean the least in this setup so I wouldn't worry much about the outcome. BTW, what is the price difference between buying 2 fronts+center+subwoofer against buying the whole deal?

How much did you spend on your 37" plasma screen? Don't you think your speaker budget is a little out of proportion?

I would recommend second hand, as you get superb performance Vs Price. You'll not get a lot brand new for you budget

Steve

Sorry, not managed to get on the site for a while.

Spending approx £1,500 to £2,000 on either a Panasonic Viera either 32" LCD or a 37" Plasma and thinking of going with B&W VM1's fronts and centre at £150 each from local retailer.

I'm keeping my Tannoy rears and Tannoy sub. I've been quite happy with the FX5.1's, that were £250 for the whole 5.1 package a couple of years ago, so didn't plan/expect to spend much more that £300 for the 3 new front speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom