1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New front speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by glasgow boy, Oct 9, 2005.

1. glasgow boy

glasgow boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for new front and centre speakers for around £100 each to mount either side and below a 37" plasma. Would like these to be silver, wall mounted, similar in shape/style to the yamaha NS-P110 (see image).

I've got Tannoy FX5.1's which I'm using as the rears but I'm finding it difficult to get any to match these and in the style I want. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. glasgow boy

glasgow boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone got either the Harman Kardon HKTS11 or the JMlab Sib XL speakers?

Would these be a good match for Tannoy FX5.1 rears on both music and film?

Attached Files:

3. Mentally

Mentally

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The rear speakers mean the least in this setup so I wouldn't worry much about the outcome. BTW, what is the price difference between buying 2 fronts+center+subwoofer against buying the whole deal?

4. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    How much did you spend on your 37" plasma screen? Don't you think your speaker budget is a little out of proportion?

5. stevefish69

stevefish69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +439
    I would recommend second hand, as you get superb performance Vs Price. You'll not get a lot brand new for you budget

Steve

6. glasgow boy

glasgow boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, not managed to get on the site for a while.

Spending approx £1,500 to £2,000 on either a Panasonic Viera either 32" LCD or a 37" Plasma and thinking of going with B&W VM1's fronts and centre at £150 each from local retailer.

I'm keeping my Tannoy rears and Tannoy sub. I've been quite happy with the FX5.1's, that were £250 for the whole 5.1 package a couple of years ago, so didn't plan/expect to spend much more that £300 for the 3 new front speakers.