1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New From Sony

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by HowieC, Oct 22, 2004.

1. HowieC

HowieC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  2. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    "Consumers appreciate the benefits of the new generation LCD and plasma TVs but they are not prepared to break the bank in order to buy one”

Don't really like the sound of that, sounds like they are cutting corners to make them cheaper. The fact the new 37" is 852x480 sounds like it might be Panasonic glass.

3. peezee

peezee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, not sure about Panasonic, for cheaper screens I'd guess Samsung as the glass manuf...

Anyway, as long as Sony continues to ship flat screens without any digital connection (not even VGA analog for that matter) they just wont get my moneyz... :thumbsdow

4. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    most Sony plasmas do have VGA analogue input via 5 phono cables (R G B H V) which can also be RGsB (sync on green) or YPbPr with 3 cables, and yes it works fine with 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i and most modes from a PC, however the lack of digital input is dissapointing. I wonder if the new ones will have digital input.

5. peezee

peezee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No they won't, I checked first and that's why I posted. ;)
    Very disappointing in fact, to say the least! :rolleyes:

And thanks for the correction re: VGA on Sony plasma, so it does'nt have a VGA connector per se but does accept analog RGBhv - I'll pay close attention next time I have an opp. to demo a Sony plasma then. :)