new Freeview channels anounced

MickyBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
Turner channels are playing brinkmanship games similar to MTV, for HITS Factory which was announced after the launch...

Expect more news very soon...

Thanks Jim Rae,

I will keep an eye out for more news.

It appears that the new channels are being set-up today (07/10/02). Must try a "store channels" when I get home.

regards
cow

I did a store channels yesterday which removed all the old ITV D stuff (apart from Television X for some reason?), then did another one today which has added channels 800-820.
Some channels show a bit more info, 800 for instance is MC 1, which I'm assuming is multiplex C channel 1.
The EPG so far only says what type of programming, and only on some channels, 800 is News and factual (I've also seen Education, sport and unclassified), and they all say "launches here soon".
I presume we'll see the real channel names up soon, I wonder if channels 800-820 are going to be permanent? It seems a bit odd to have such big numbers when all the current channels are between 1-100.

The 800s are temporary storage spaces for channels which your box doesn't know what to do with.

It also is used for extra duplicate channels from different transmitters.

It will all sort itself out this week in the run up to the launch at the end of the month.

Do another scan towards the end of the week and all will be well.

I put Choice on a few mins ago and it told me to press the red button and find about about the new digital service, did that and it told me to rescan so I did.
The names have now appeared for most channels, choice has been changed to BBC Three and the BBC's radio services have started.
Good to see things moving at last!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom