New freeveiw box?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by hornydragon, May 24, 2003.

1. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,217
    OK should i buy a new freeveiw box? I have been using an ex ~ITV nokia fo about a year. Tempted by the JL offer of the labgear for £68 was it with HSBC discount or a 221t as dixons have 20% off this weekend. Means i can use the ITV box for the VCR or bedroom but is it worth it??? I understand that the 7 day EPG might not work on ITV hardware so should i wait till it is launched? Any body compared setpal to none setpal boxes??? Is setpal worth while? Really i want one with 2 scarts RGB and audio out optical preferably or stereo. Which box or should i wait?
    Help me please.
    Pity the DTVA has such odd connections!

2. PhilipVass

PhilipVass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Theres nothing exept speed which would make me want to trade-in my old Nokia MediaMaster, its not worth it not unless u want a Pace Twin for recording on. If you can get a Grundig for £50 fair enough. You can get a few cheep boxes at adtrader.co.uk i found a Nokia 221T for £60.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,217
    Thanks the big Media masters do have a certain reliability that is missing from some newer boxes. I dont want to miss out on the 7 day epg though.

4. monkeynuts

monkeynuts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    for what it's worth i've just received my Hauppage DEC 1000 (the one with just scart and no USB)from ebuyer (~£80 delivered) and i am very impressed and its so damn small!

Price wise i am very impressed and its very quick around the channels. i obviously can't comment on reliability, but past hauppage products have been superb.

My area is supposedly out of range for digital TV and i can pick up the lot with just a tenners worth of signal amplifer box, whether this is due to the box, is another matter!!

Hope this is of some help, although i'm sure your already aware of this box!

Cheers

The monkey with the nuts

5. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    I've just had my GDT 2000 for just over a month and it's a leap ahead of my old Philips ON box.

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,217
    OK the Nokia media master has started crashing lots!!!! Any idea how to fix it or do i just buy a new one! nearly missed the start of 24 last night!!!! not good!
    I am tempted by a netgem i player???

7. cbemoore

cbemoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Netgem IPlayer for 68 quid from John Lewis???? How do you manage to work that out?

Chris

8. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,217
    :blush:
    It was the labgear DT100
    OOPS never mind!

9. media guy

media guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First of all I have made a site for the Nokia if you are interested at www.mediaguy.co.uk/221t with a lot of information on it. I have got hold of a Daewoo setpal and the Nokia wins hands down on all points, even signal strangly enough from where I am. Daewoo site is hardly started yet so you will have to wait for that.

Hopefully I will manage to get hold of a couple more to be able to do some more comparisons.

Graham

10. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,217
    Good stuff mediaguy i think i will wait until price drops or something that really appeals comes out i am moving house soon and not sure if the new place will get reception, It should but i am not going to risl it till i have moved in!

11. headache

headache

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    media guy,

Does the Daewoo setpal box have true RF loopthrough i.e does it pass the analogue channels through as well as putting freeview on the RF OUT port? Labgear say their setpal box does this. I would be interested hearing from someone that has used a setpal box.

I wish to record analogue whilst watching digital via RF.

Ta.

12. media guy

media guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The setpal has a RF loopthrough and an RF output. It only has 1 scart lead and no additional sound outputs.

Graham

13. Mark P

Mark P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can i sugguest the thomson 1000 box, 2 scarts, rf loop, excllent picture. what else can i say.;)