1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New flat, odd shaped room & 6 speakers???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by richgtfc, Mar 15, 2005.

1. richgtfc

richgtfc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought a new flat :clap: which I move into at the end of April. However, the front room is an unusual shape and I'm struggling to work out where I'd put my 6 Kef eggs. I'd like to keep the rear surround, but if not possible then it doesn't matter.

I've drawn the room to scale and added a couple of positions of the TV & speakers. Do any of these look OK. You may notice the sofa doesn't quite fit :rolleyes: but as it's only a year old it's not getting changed.

Any help would be great

Cheerio
    Rich

Attached Files:

2. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Why not shove the TV into the corner where the Sub is. Depending on the size of the Sub, you might be able to leave it behind there anyway. View the TV diagonally from the other side of the room. Have the rear left speaker in the position in Pic 1 and the rear centre and rear right in the position in Pic 2.

Just a thought.

3. richgtfc

richgtfc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for that, I should have mentioned in the post that I plan to get a plasma in the next 6 months, so would have it flat on the wall in either of the 2 positions in the drawing.

Your suggestion would be ideal for my initial set up with a TV and is probably what I'll do.

The flat is new and has no flooring yet so I was wanting to get some speaker cable laid prior to wooden floors going down. The speaker cable would be laid based on having a nice shiny plasma in place on a wall, rather than the telly in the corner.

Choice of plasma will be another issue.........

Cheers
    Rich