• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New flat, new tv.

badboy1

So here are a few pictures of my new Samsung UE65KS8000 tv and existing a/v kit comprising of SKY HD 2TB box, pioneer VSX930, panasonic DMP-BDT170 blu ray and a PS3 slim for gaming. Speaker duties are handled by a pair of Mordaunt Short MS904 fronts, a MS905C centre, MS903S bipolar rears and an MS803 sub. So i thought i should buy a decent unit to house it all and the ever popular Ikea Besta tv unit fits the bill perfectly. I wonder if anyone could give some advice on back lighting as this tv is a lot brighter over all than my previous Samsung PS60F5500. Thanks for looking and any comments welcomed.

Attachments

• GTI Fest0037.JPG
    GTI Fest0037.JPG
    8.3 MB · Views: 388
  • GTI Fest0051.JPG
    GTI Fest0051.JPG
    8.7 MB · Views: 386
  • GTI Fest0038.JPG
    GTI Fest0038.JPG
    8.6 MB · Views: 390
  • GTI Fest0042 (Copy).JPG
    GTI Fest0042 (Copy).JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 376
  • GTI Fest0029 (Copy).JPG
    GTI Fest0029 (Copy).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 364
  • GTI Fest0030 (Copy).JPG
    GTI Fest0030 (Copy).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 359
  • GTI Fest0041 (Copy).JPG
    GTI Fest0041 (Copy).JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 353

BM08

Looks great that setup, bet the tv is a pretty good upgrade over your old Samsung?

In regards to picture settings, have a search on here or google for picture settings, usually the tv gurus post up their favourite/optimal settings. Or just have a tweek yourself until your happy.

EDITED to add, could do with one or two pictures putting up or some kind of film poster as the walls look abit bare. (I know you've just moved in mind).

badboy1

Looks great that setup, bet the tv is a pretty good upgrade over your old Samsung?

In regards to picture settings, have a search on here or google for picture settings, usually the tv gurus post up their favourite/optimal settings. Or just have a tweek yourself until your happy.

EDITED to add, could do with one or two pictures putting up or some kind of film poster as the walls look abit bare. (I know you've just moved in mind).

Thanks for the comments, already had a look at the settings page on here and got it pretty close to how i like it, although i have to say its made me realise how good my old tv was. With regards to the plain walls i agree 100% however this is a rented property and i dont think the landlord would be to happy but i will ask him in a few months ;)

zad

Similar as to how I have mine set up with the Besta unit, I have mine on feet but plan on losing those when I get round to upgrading the Philips tv 42"

How have you hidden the wires? does the unit pus back against the wall?

Thanks.

badboy1

Similar as to how I have mine set up with the Besta unit, I have mine on feet but plan on losing those when I get round to upgrading the Philips tv 42"

How have you hidden the wires? does the unit pus back against the wall?

Thanks.
Hi, Mine to was on feet to start with but the tv was just to high. Yes the unit is against the wall, i have put an 8 way extension that feeds the whole the unit and my sky router and all the cables in the upper left hand side behind the blu rays, all you need to do is buy some wooden right angle trim from a hardware store and double sided tape it down so the blu rays push back against it and sit flush with the front of the unit that way there is no cables showing at all.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom