New Flat - New TV

eximo

Looking at a new TV and i am unsure on what to get.

Usage:

Sky+ HD TV
Xbox 360 Gaming
HD Movies via macbook (dont have a bluray player).

Requirements:

I will be connecting most things through an Onkyo SR307 so inputs aren't a major concern.
Minimum screen size 42"
Ideally needs to look elegant rather than massively obtrusive.
Not to bothered about tech however i have heard plasma is better for my usage however LED LCD uses less power

Budget:

£400 - £550

---

So far i have looked at the following:

LG 42LE4500 - £379
Panasonic TXP42U30B - £440

When originally i started looking at looking for a new TV i saw the Panasonic TXP42G30 which is £670 but i dont know if i can afford that at the moment. However the other TV's i look at dont come near it for features/picture quality. Is the G30 worth £200 more than the U30?

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
I'd say the extra for the G30 is worth it from what I've seen in the shops.
Products - Compare Products - Panasonic UK & Ireland

THX, ISF are worth having, the filter on the G30 is def worth having if you have much light in the room, the U30 looks very washed out in comparison in the shops. Motion is better, you get higher contrast and the set looks better too.
679 at Richer sounds is a great price too, G20 was 800-900 this time last year.

For gaming I'd have plasma over LCD due to lower lag and better motion.
On the bluray front I'd sell the Xbox and get a PS3:devil:

eximo

Thanks for the info, the new place is all white walls and there is a lot of light during the day so maybe the U30 is not a great idea. I suspect i will go to Richer Sounds on Friday and get the G30 although my bank balance is going to suffer for it.

Oh and no chance the the PS3 :p

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom