New Firmware due out 3.08?

H

hypersonic

Hi All
Am new here to please be gentle.

I have to say thay my experience with LG's customer service has been excellent.
I purchased my gleaming 42LG7000 in the Boxing Day Sale. However i soon discovered that it had firmware 3.04 on it, after discovering that sets were being bought with 3.07 already installed.

Not only did LG's customer service have an engineer out to me within a few days, they performed the update to 3.07 via a USB stick. took only 5 mins.

After that, i received a courtesy call to ask if everything was ok.

During the call I brought to their attention the Radio channel audio drop out issue that is already widely known, & they confirmed the boffins in Korea were already working on it!.

Anyway, I received another courtesy call today, telling me the firmware was ready, & I'll be receiving a call from an engineer representative tomorrow to arrage a day next week to come out again to install it.

It aparrently fixes the radio issue (& maybe a few other things.)

In the meantime during the latest courtesy call, I brought to their attention another bug / issue / oversight that i've discovered, & they're passing it back up the chain to be investigated. (SEE my OTHER thread for details.)

How cool is this! - Qudos to LG & their customer services!

Hi All
Am new here to please be gentle.

I have to say thay my experience with LG's customer service has been excellent.
I purchased my gleaming 42LG7000 in the Boxing Day Sale. However i soon discovered that it had firmware 3.04 on it, after discovering that sets were being bought with 3.07 already installed.

Not only did LG's customer service have an engineer out to me within a few days, they performed the update to 3.07 via a USB stick. took only 5 mins.

After that, i received a courtesy call to ask if everything was ok.

During the call I brought to their attention the Radio channel audio drop out issue that is already widely known, & they confirmed the boffins in Korea were already working on it!.

Anyway, I received another courtesy call today, telling me the firmware was ready, & I'll be receiving a call from an engineer representative tomorrow to arrage a day next week to come out again to install it.

It aparrently fixes the radio issue (& maybe a few other things.)

In the meantime during the latest courtesy call, I brought to their attention another bug / issue / oversight that i've discovered, & they're passing it back up the chain to be investigated. (SEE my OTHER thread for details.)

How cool is this! - Qudos to LG & their customer services!

If this is true....WOW. Keep us informed :thumbsup:

In which country are you hypersonic? Since all ive heard before now is LGs refusal to update FWs.

It is ridiculous that LG are sending engineers to update firmware via USB. This is not good customer service. They should provide the update for download on their website.

If the engineer comes again ask him to give you a copy of the update.

It is ridiculous that LG are sending engineers to update firmware via USB. This is not good customer service. They should provide the update for download on their website.

If the engineer comes again ask him to give you a copy of the update.

Agree.:lease:

To be fair, whilst it might be expensive, it means they are in control of other "unforeseen" costs - namely users potentially screwing up units even further causing more expensive repair costs.

USB sticks are not "intelligent", and unless the firmware in the TV is capable of checking what firmware is being loaded matches the hardware, customers could potentially load the wrong F/W onto the wrong H/W (there are for example, 32LG7000 and 32LG7000-ZA variants out there)

So, as we don't know the capabilities of the upgrade processes in/of the units, but can probably rely on someone getting it wrong, I'm happy for LG to do it under warranty - and to be fair, I'd hope they'd factor that into their cost models when developing/releasing units into the market - and the engineers may well be outsourced (although if they turn up in LG branded vans etc, then maybe not!)

Last edited:
I just phoned LG and they told me to phone back tomorrow morning for details of the update.

I called support too and arranged for an update, from what I gathered it has not been released yet.

Also LG does not allow the service engineers to distribute the firmware to consumers, so an appointment would be the only way to get it. Seems daft, but there we go.

Good news! I'm on 3.04 - could you tell me what number you rang for LG support and I'll ring tomorrow.

Ta!

Still no fix, the customer rep took my details and said they will contact me next week.

Rang this morning and the very pleasant guy said ring back after 12, a new release was due at 10.00am.

I've just rung back and apparently a new firmware release that fixes the radio problem at least is out, I've been booked for an update next week. He said I was one of the first.

He also mentioned they have stopped making the 7000 model, so I guess I was lucky to get one - I think.

I phoned back and an engineer is going to contact me to arrange the upgrade next week.

Engineer should be phoning me back in the next 24 - 48hrs.

Excellent!!!

:thumbsup:

Also confirmed - engineer to ring me early part of next week.

It should address the radio issue - and some "other minor issues", but the chap on the phone didn't know what those were.

Only ones I've seen are :

1) DVB-R audio drop out

2) Bluetooth headset lag

3) Menu Lock / "Input" box remains on screen using some SCART kit (i.e. I have a TiVo on AV1, and sometimes the menu won't work, or will freeze if I'm on AV1 - until I turn the cable box off to give it 'no image' - then it works again) - and it's sporadic

4) Lack of 5.1 optical out from anything feeding a 5.1 input (i.e. PS3)

Let's see what's fixed, shall we :)

Just been upgraded to 3.21 - the radio sound dropout seems to be fixed, and also apparently a teletext problem I wasn't aware of. Can't say about anything else yet.

Despite what LG told me on Friday (new firmware released on friday), the engineer said he'd had 3.21 earlier last week, and in fact there hadn't been a new release on friday.

Left hand/right hand?

Despite what LG told me on Friday (new firmware released on friday), the engineer said he'd had 3.21 earlier last week, and in fact there hadn't been a new release on friday.

Left hand/right hand?

An engineer should be visiting me on Wednesday - so I'll report back then.

In terms of "right hand/left hand" - it might be different visibility of various stages of the process - i.e. plan, build, test, release.

They might know a release is coming, but not when, or that one is "done" but not fully tested - or only find out when they wind up in their inboxes, so to speak... :)

So what is the latest FW for the 42LG7000 ? 3.08 or 3.21 ... Im assuming 3.21 is for a different model?

How do they perform the update, just a file on a USB drive?

So what is the latest FW for the 42LG7000 ? 3.08 or 3.21 ... Im assuming 3.21 is for a different model?

No, mine's a 42LG7000 (from Dixons), and it was 3.04, now its 3.21.

How do they perform the update, just a file on a USB drive?

Yes - then the engineer used a remote sequence to enable an 'expert' diagnostics mode that allowed him to tell the tv to load the new firmware. It also shows you the versions of several parts of the installed software. I missed exactly what the sequence was, but it seemed to finish with 7 consecutive OKs. Maybe someone else will note what it is when they get their upgrade...

hi can you please tell me if the bug where trumotion is "on" whilst "pc mode" is selected in input select has been fixed?

Or if the ghost image problem (cleary shown in the avforums video review)
on all the other "input select" modes (game, dvd etc) has been fixed?

these for me are the only crippeling bugs the tv has and if they were fixed i would party

hi can you please tell me if the bug where trumotion is "on" whilst "pc mode" is selected in input select has been fixed?

these for me are the only crippeling bugs the tv has and if they were fixed i would party

hi, same problem here. Please inform us about new firmware fixes, especially about ghosting and 24p judder problem. Thank god for "PC mode".
And c'mon LG, give us an update online!:lease:

hi, same problem here. Please inform us about new firmware fixes, especially about ghosting and 24p judder problem. Thank god for "PC mode".
And c'mon LG, give us an update online!:lease:

Hi mate , the problem with "pc mode" is that trumotion is now stuck on (says off in the menu but it is cleary on) and there is no way to turn it off ,

Hi mate , the problem with "pc mode" is that trumotion is now stuck on (says off in the menu but it is cleary on) and there is no way to turn it off ,

Well, trumotion problem is kinda useless for me, since i have 32" model that doesn't support 100Hz trumotion (if that is the name for LG 100Hz technology).
The juddery 24p mode is what bothers me since i bought the tv that support this mode for bluray movies, so the 1080/24p mode is off on my PS3 at the moment, which looks way better.
Sorry for my english, just trying to improve. :)

Exactly the same problem here. When I watch movies I have to change the HDMI lable every time in order not to have true motion on, and then change it back to PC in order to have clear text on Windows..

Voodini - Please tell us about that prob :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom