1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Firmware available for Jamo DVR50

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Bigmonty69, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Bigmonty69

Bigmonty69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73

2. mycatslovetuna

mycatslovetuna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just seen it on the Jamo website - I wonder if it is multi-region?

3. Bigmonty69

Bigmonty69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    I installed the new firmware and it appears its made a big improvement to some features on the player.

I have noticed the remote control is more responsive, I love the 48x fast forward on the Divx and some SVCDs I had before that wouldn't play sound now do.

All in all I am impressed.

4. Rampage

Rampage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've just loaded the firmware on mine. Now when I use FF or go to the next chapter I lose all sound! It stays like that untill I unplug it for a few minutes!

5. nano2nd

nano2nd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats too bad Rampage - have you been able to roll back the firmware upgrade?

I like the idea of hardware being firmware upgradeable - add new features etc. But more and more this kind of thing just seems to be a cop-out for manufacturers. They get to bring stuff to market quicker but it is usually pretty flaky. We don't act tough as consumers and demand refunds we just tell ourselves it'll be fixed in the next firmware upgrade. And then to make matters worse, the upgrade is poorly tested (see the previous Jamo upgrade for more info).

Are we now beta testing the latest release as well?

Sorry about the rant...

6. Lefreck

Lefreck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd like to know that too. But I'm already happy I managed to install the regionfree firmware, so I'll wait on further comments here before I install this one...

7. Rampage

Rampage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I re-installed the new firmware and it seems okish now, only happened once on an audio cd. I remember I had to re-install the last firmware update to get it to work too. Seems a bit weird.

I agree with what you said nano2nd, i'm returning my 2nd plasma this week!

8. nano2nd

nano2nd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I installed the firmware last night and it seems fine (needed a few drinks first though!). Multiregion still seems to work fine as well.

It didnt fix the problem I've got with some divx/xvid files that play fine on my PC but I give no sound on the Jamo.. Anyone else have this problem? I guess there's no way to update the codecs etc without an official firmware update...