New firmware 4.12 for DVD139 and 137

A

arcamsg

Hi have updated my DVD with the later firmware 4.12 and and have the problem over the HDMI output , anyone have the same problem ?
thks :oops:

Bilbo77

Hi have updated my DVD with the later firmware 4.12 and and have the problem over the HDMI output , anyone have the same problem ?
thks :oops:

I have the same problem and it doesn't help if you change "HDMI Colour" to RGB or YUV...:(

A

AmerArcamOwner

I have the same problem and it doesn't help if you change "HDMI Colour" to RGB or YUV...:(

My 137(died twice-sent back) and 139 (no longer reads SACD - DVD-Audio layer - in process of sending back) both had HDMI issues, an industry wide problem I was told by Arcam. Though my new Toshiba HD-XA2 has no HDMI problems at all??????

Theo Maxtible

Sorry if I've missed something - or if I'm being a bit thick, but what exactly is the HDMI "problem" being experienced? My DV137 is not operating with version 4.12, but I'd really like to know where the problem is. :lease:

craigd

Likewise - I need the firmware upgrade to fix a 192kHZ 2-channel DVD-A playback problem on my DV137 but I don't want t to break something else!

Naimer

I've loaded 4.12 on several DV137s and 139s in the shop and my personal unit at the house. The HDCP handshake appears to be much improved and there is a very nice resolution-testing feature built in.

4.12 is a great improvement over 4.03 in both players especially in the HDMI/HDCP arena. No issues here...

floatingkiwi

Could anyone pm me with that firmware? There is no arcam dealer close to where I live (or within 3 hours for that matter!)

Matt

Timbo21

Are there any release notes for this?

One of the problems was that the Dv139 was outputting white noise instead of pink noise for the test tones, which makes subwoofer line up impossible. Arcam did admit this was the case and said it would be addressed in a firmware update.

T.

ripclaw

Sorry if I've missed something - or if I'm being a bit thick, but what exactly is the HDMI "problem" being experienced? My DV137 is not operating with version 4.12, but I'd really like to know where the problem is. :lease:

Yes, can either Bilbo77 or arcamsg please elaborate here? My DV139 is on firmware version 4.03, but I'm wary of upgrading until I know what the pitfalls are with this version.

Bilbo77

Yes, can either Bilbo77 or arcamsg please elaborate here? My DV139 is on firmware version 4.03, but I'm wary of upgrading until I know what the pitfalls are with this version.

I'm going to upgrade my DV139 with firmware 4.12 during this week. Sure hope it's going to fix my problems...

ripclaw

I'm going to upgrade my DV139 with firmware 4.12 during this week. Sure hope it's going to fix my problems...

Great, but what are the problems you speak of? :confused:

And please let us know how the upgrade goes and if it does fix the problems you were having.

floatingkiwi

Soooo, can anybody actually give me this firmware? A CD image or something?????(see post above!)

Edit: Ah, just seen that the sticky post has been upgraded! (very punny...)

Matt

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
So far I'm pretty impressed with the new software for the DV139. It has now fixed the green line problem I used to get at the bottom of the picture on my projector and at last I can now take it out of standby by just pressing the buttons on the front panel.

Bilbo77

Great, but what are the problems you speak of? :confused:

And please let us know how the upgrade goes and if it does fix the problems you were having.

I've had several problems using the HDMI output:

1. No picture
2. Wrong colours
3. Clipping BTB signal

Upgraded my unit last night, but I haven't had time to evaluate new software yet. Will do it tonight...

ripclaw

I've had several problems using the HDMI output:

1. No picture
2. Wrong colours
3. Clipping BTB signal

Upgraded my unit last night, but I haven't had time to evaluate new software yet. Will do it tonight...

Thanks. Please keep us posted. I'd like to know if this firmware has had any adverse effects.

Crustyloafer, is doing the upgrade as simple as sticking the CD-ROM into the DV139? Must the display (plasma / LCD / projector etc.) be switched off / in standby? Thanks.

Timbo21

So far I'm pretty impressed with the new software for the DV139. It has now fixed the green line problem I used to get at the bottom of the picture on my projector and at last I can now take it out of standby by just pressing the buttons on the front panel.

What are the changes to bass management Crusty?

T.

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
Crustyloafer, is doing the upgrade as simple as sticking the CD-ROM into the DV139? Must the display (plasma / LCD / projector etc.) be switched off / in standby? Thanks.

All of the instructions for the software update are contained within the zip folder, read them before proceeding.

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
What are the changes to bass management Crusty?

T.

I don't know, I haven't noticed any changes. I will ask Arcam when I get back to work, I am on holiday at the moment. Or perhaps Andy or Designer could answer your question if they are reading this.

Bilbo77

Thanks. Please keep us posted. I'd like to know if this firmware has had any adverse effects.

Here's my impressions so far:

HDMI-output seem much more reliable now. Picture quality has also been improved with less noise, sharper image and better motion handling :)

TrondB

This latest firmware fixed all my HDMI problems (green line at bottom of screen ++) and stopping SACD playback will now highlight the first track of the disc. :)

Version 4.12
Major Changes
1. Changing the HDMI resolution in the setup menu will request confirmation of the user. If the resolution is not compatible with the display the output will return to the previous resolution after a set timeout
2. HDMI and HDCP routines have been overhauled to improve reliability
3. Upgrade process has been modified (this will only take effect from next version)
4. Support added for remote control system code 12
5. Correction made to HDMI detection to prevent DV139 crashing when no HDMI connected
Minor Changes
1. Corrections make to HDMI Image timing to remove green line at bottom of screen (DV139 only)
2. Modifications made to power on/off from IR to improve performance
3. Stopping SACD playback will now highlight the first track of the disc
4. Corrections made to Stop-Resume function of DVD so that the splash screen is shown correctly
5. DVD-A FFW/REW (were allowed) limited to x16
6. Changes made to the Bass Management routines
7. Corrections made to subwoofer level at power up.
8. Corrections made so that trim popup does not clear the stream info
9. Correct surround speaker delays are now applied correctly for 48kHz SR Streams
10. Prevention of HDMI connection to turn off the bass management.
11. OSD Text correction made

floatingkiwi

I've done a search, but still cannot find anything on this:

4. Support added for remote control system code 12

Can anyone enlighten me as to what system code 12 is?

Thanks

Matt

Bilbo77

Thanks, mate. Glad to hear that.

After a few more hours of tweaking:

The new firmware works great and is a major improvement compare to the previous.

No problem so far with the HDMI output :)
The picture is rock solid and motionhandlig is much smoother than before :thumbsup:
Still no BTB-signal however with HDMI :lease:

avlava

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung rumoured to be buying OLED TV panels from LG Display
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix signs with Sony for first streaming rights in U.S.
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio Pro launches C10 MkII speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
THX launches Onyx MQA supporting DAC/Amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom