new F.E.A.R images

louishm

That looks quite nice, new this was on its way soon but thats the first screen shots i've seen.

suppose we'll be having a AVF F.E.A.R Clan soon then Aqu4rius

they look blurry to me too :eek: much sharper on my pc :smashin:

hope it's just the screenshots, can't see that being final ps3 screenshots. it's such a crisp detailed game

zz101

Banned
they look blurry to me too :eek: much sharper on my pc :smashin:

hope it's just the screenshots, can't see that being final ps3 screenshots. it's such a crisp detailed game

The 360 version had crap low res textures and no AA - hopefully the PS3 version will be better although judging by those screen shots...

cyberheater

For all those folks on here that think those screen shots look good. You either have:-

1. Low expectations or
2. Haven't seen what the PC or 360 version looks like.

I really hope they manage to sort out the visuals before the game finally ships.

[email protected]

As said already, this is a fantastic game on the 360 in terms of both gameplay and visuals. It is underated in my opinion and one that has passed a lot of people by. Those screen shots dont look too hot but I'm sure the PS3 version will look as good as the 360 version by the time it is released and if you havent played it already it is well worth a purchase although as it is now really cheap to buy on the 360 it may be hard to fork out £40 for the same game.

TankTopLover

"It's aged badly. The PS3 version looks like the PC version running on low detail"

Think that sums it up.Lazy port.

Bushido

I must admit it looks better on PC & 360. It really does look naff...it wait for RB6 Vegas me thinks.

Reuben.F

Banned
Pretty cool game on PC, although it did require some fiddling with the settings to run half-decent frame rates, especially with large screens, had to switch off a lot of the cool stuff and this was on pretty hi-end hardware...

You would think the ps3 would handle this game with every aspect of the graphics full-on, but i'm begining to think that multi-platform games are a bad idea, never as good as a game built ground up for a single platform, Halo must be the greatest example of how not to do it.

james.miller

it was a good looking game on the pc but it was vastly over rated. Condemned uses the the same engine and is much better in every way.

cyberheater

This title is delayed right? So i'm hoping they get a chance to sort out the visuals. Fingers crossed.

zz101

Banned
er... No. The 360 version is pin sharp mate. Looks just like the PC version.

Its not - theres loads of flat low res 2d textures - look at the ladders for instance - it also lacks full AA.

Regardless this is a game that only work with mouse/keyboard pin point accuracy IMO.

tonyten

I really hope that's not the finished PS3 game, looks more like PS2 graphics to me.

TankTopLover

Its not - theres loads of flat low res 2d textures - look at the ladders for instance - it also lacks full AA.

Regardless this is a game that only work with mouse/keyboard pin point accuracy IMO.

Agree with texture statement,disagree with mouse point though.

Tigerblade

Distinguished Member
Difference is neglible. Just lighter on the PS3. Don't think a proper comparison can be done till the game is released tho.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Audio Research announces I/50 integrated valve amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Loewe confirms return to luxury TV market
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Elipson adds Music Centre Connect HD to Connected range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for October 2021