New extension, new MK cinema

Thanks - it’s a 106” Spitfire AT screen, pretty much the largest I could get into the space.
Still waiting on quotes for the lawn but almost guaranteed SWMBO won’t let me go down the Astro route......

Wozers, I think biggest I could get is about 80".
Has she seen it for real? its nothing like astroturf anymore, its look and feels good, another bad point though is how hot it gets in sun, v hot with no foot wear!!

Oh my won't that all get a bit hot in there, my denon AVR has quite a big gap above but does pump out a lota heat!
There’s an AC Infinity cooling fan on top of the amp (the one with the LED ring in the middle) and a grill in the top of the until for ventilation. Definitely runs cooler than without the fan but still keeps the room warm!
28C2FBFB-C8F1-4B4C-82A0-257E27642C25.jpeg
06EF8990-53EE-463B-BCB2-86B482173C6B.jpeg

Oh I see, I had seen threads on these AC coolers, did wonder why you had something direct on top of amp! sorry my bad!

Oh I see, I had seen threads on these AC coolers, did wonder why you had something direct on top of amp! sorry my bad!
No worries - it was added later as the amp was getting very toasty (not tripping though). Might change it up for the T9 or T10 version as they seem to be more readily available in the UK now (I ordered mine from France originally!) so I can actually see the temps - mine just spins up to full speed after about 10 minutes.....

Almost forgot the projector:
71E3DF49-BD26-430B-B368-2B66CF30ECE5.jpeg

Hehe, very neat! i luv the speakers in the walls/ceiling! I had the good mind to have a HDMI cable put in ceiling/wall and a power socket high for if I ever get a projector, though expect by that point the HDMI lead maybe out of date!

How long is the cable you put in? I had to use hybrid fibre cables in the end (15m to the projector, 8m to the TV) but at least it’s future proof (as much as it can be!)

Oh nothing as fancy as that, must of been 10-12m HDMI, best I could get at the time that confirmed to 2.0 I think or something but might not of been best! would need to test it. It was a last minute thing really before plaster went up!

You may get lucky with HD at that length so definitely worth a try - watching a movie on a projector makes a massive difference!

Probably will not be for quite some time unless my LG C8 dies or something, its 18 months old so hope not. I just dont imagine will get a projector that can rival the OLED for a cheap price to, 65" now at distance I am is still pretty big, 80" will be like cinema size in your face lol!
Im tempted to try a cheaper projector and mount a screen to come down in front of TV would be way to try it all.

I may be able to help you try it out! I have a pico projector and 80” screen I use when we go to Le Mans (sadly not this year by the look of it though) and have friends in Bristol that are long overdue a visit.......
You’re absolutely right a projector won’t compare to an OLED (unless you’re in man cave territory) but trust me it’s worth it!

oh cool yeah see when and if lockdown ever ends! I guess it would be to get that extra 20-30" screen, not sure if 100" would fit between front speakers.
I am still like wow when watch certain things on it even streaming and things in 4k/HDR look so good to me with out looking fake, but again it needs to be dark for OLED to and walls are white etc.

1st minor upgrade complete:
45B81D10-7648-4055-B5D8-EDDB8E15A8C1.jpeg

First time I’ve seen this. Neat set up and bet it sounds superb.

Couple of lockdown changes.....
572D05D1-C822-4A07-9999-87259E7EC60F.jpeg

BD5BB3B8-3F8A-442A-B256-A8558755C42A.jpeg

Excellent room and very tidy. Great that the speakers and subs are hidden. I love the cabinet, is it custom made or did you buy it?

Thanks - it’s custom made for the space, we had a very amenable builder and there was no way I’d get that many speakers in the room if they weren’t out of sight!

Thanks, yes you have to keep the wife happy, I will be starting my build as well soon and as it’s a family room too I have to hide the speakers. You have given me lots of ideas.

Does the IOTA get warm? I thought you'd need more space above a power amp than that.

Barely gets warm to the touch (unlike the Denon) There’s a fair bit of space around it in there too and the shelves above aren’t very deep either.

Ahh lovely (I'd be considering one next year).

Agree my Denon 4400 can get warm without fans.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom