new Ext link problem with Panasonic Dmres10?

babalu

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have been using the Ext link for a couple of years on my DMRES-10 with no problem, but all of a sudden as soon as I press the Ext link button it starts recording immediately, even though nothing is scheduled to record until the following day, I have recently changed my TV so I suspect it something to do with that, - or the way I have set it up. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

I have recently changed my TV so I suspect it something to do with that, - or the way I have set it up.

You need to tell us how you have it setup to the new TV...possibly the scart socket you have it connected to on the new TV doesn't support ext link.

Thanks for the reply, I have the "TV Scart" from the Sky digibox into Scart 2 in the TV, & the "VCR Scart" from the digibox into AV2 in the DVD Recorder, AV1 from the DVD Recorder goes to goes to Scart 1 in the TV (RGB), I hope this is clear, I think this is how it was set up on my last TV !

Ext Link hasn't got anything to do wth the TV (not normally anyway - see (*) below). It hands over recording control to a set top box (STB) so recordings can be scheduled in the STB.

(*) I don't know if any iDTVs have programme schedulers for controlling external recorders.

as soon as I press the Ext link button it starts recording immediately, even though nothing is scheduled to record until the following day
Where are the recordings scheduled? (They should be in the Sky personal planner, not in the recorder's timers.)

I have ... the "VCR Scart" from the digibox into AV2 in the DVD Recorder
Should be fine. Have you set the Ext Link option in the recorder to Ext Link 1?

Some points about Ext Link that may help:

- There are two options, Ext Link 1 and Ext Link 2, which provide different types of control
- Ext Link 1 is for Sky boxes, using the personal planner, and relies on signalling in a fully wired SCART lead from the Sky's VCR SCART connector
- Ext Link 2 is for any STB that, when in timer mode, only provides a video signal on its SCART output during the scheduled programmes
- Ext Link 2 recording is controlled by the presence or absence of composite video on AV2's composite input pin, if Ext Link is selected and composite video is present the recorder records the type of video selected in the AV2 input setting (composite, s-video or RGB), and it stops recording whenever the composite video disappears
- If you want to record RGB from Sky, try Ext Link 2
- Ext Link doesn't work with Sky+ (because the planner only controls recording on the Sky+'s internal hard disk)

Ext Link hasn't got anything to do wth the TV (not normally anyway - see (*) below). It hands over recording control to a set top box (STB) so recordings can be scheduled in the STB.

(*) I don't know if any iDTVs have programme schedulers for controlling external recorders.

Where are the recordings scheduled? (They should be in the Sky personal planner, not in the recorder's timers.)

Should be fine. Have you set the Ext Link option in the recorder to Ext Link 1?

Some points about Ext Link that may help:

- There are two options, Ext Link 1 and Ext Link 2, which provide different types of control
- Ext Link 1 is for Sky boxes, using the personal planner, and relies on signalling in a fully wired SCART lead from the Sky's VCR SCART connector
- Ext Link 2 is for any STB that, when in timer mode, only provides a video signal on its SCART output during the scheduled programmes
- Ext Link 2 recording is controlled by the presence or absence of composite video on AV2's composite input pin, if Ext Link is selected and composite video is present the recorder records the type of video selected in the AV2 input setting (composite, s-video or RGB), and it stops recording whenever the composite video disappears
- If you want to record RGB from Sky, try Ext Link 2
- Ext Link doesn't work with Sky+ (because the planner only controls recording on the Sky+'s internal hard disk)

Yeah, the recordings were in the personal planner not in the recorder (my fault for not stating that clearly) as I said, I have been using it for a couple of years with no problem so I know how it works, usually.
I did try changing it to Ext 2 but exactly the same thing happens!
The only reason I think it is TV related is that I have it set up exactly the same as I did with my old telly it worked then, but doesn't now (unless I changed something I can't remember fiddling about with my new tv)
Thanks for everyones replys.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom