New Expensive Coffee Machine - Return or Keep?

chris101

Standard Member
Reaction score
So I reserved and collected my Bean to Cup Coffee machine that cost me £750 with 5 years of warranty (ECAM44.66B).
I had some car issues so had to carry it home, which was a hour journey with a 20min walk - didn't realise it weighed a ton!!

Any how, I got it home and opened the box and realised straight away the content had been previously opened.
The machine didn't looked use but the accessories clearly had indications it had been removed at some spot as 1-2 items were not packed into their box correctly and the box was partially open.

As I put a lot of effort getting it and couldn't be bothered with the extra hassle to return it for a new one or get JL to collect/deliver a new one, I decided as there were no marks or signs of actual usage to continue to unpack it.

So I finished unpacking the machine/accessories and started it up.
Initially according to the instructions I should of had a menu to choose the correct language, which didn't really happen and I some how managed to do something different to get the correct Language (I followed the instructions to the T but definitely was not work for us to select the language).
Once we had the language set, we had to fill the reviser with water, which we did and the machine picked up fine.
It then said click ok to for Hot Water, which we did however straight after the first release of hot water it stated - 'Water Circuit Empty,Fill water circuit'.
According to the instructions, this error was not something apart of the setup process and after researching a little more this seems to be an error that a lot of customers have faced (especially on Amazon) where the customers ended up returning their machine.

We have managed to resolve this issue by continuing to keep adding hot water in intervals until the receiver was empty, then the machine shut down and when back on ha been working.

I am worried that as we have started off with this error, it may be an issue in the future - although working fine now.

What should I do?

Thanksa

Not fit for purpose so you should return it.

+1.

Return it without hesitation.

+1 return it for exchange.
I have been to cup delonghi esam5500 and have never had an issue in 3 years of ownership.
Took advantage of the free service on year 2 and it came back fully cleaned with all checks passed.

Return your lemon for a replacement

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom