New EV announcements

Visited the Peugeot Dealer today. The basic 208 model has manual window winders in the rear :eek:. The next model up is reasonably well specced but no sat nav or camera , so is a definite downgrade from the Leaf. OTR price £28K before grant. Sat Nav is a £650 option. Possibly available from the end of the year first quarter of 2020.
£12k before grant more expensive than the petrol model. Doesn't the grant finish at the end of this year?

That's worth checking...

Do you know when? I looked on the gov.co.uk site and didn't see anything.

Do you know when? I looked on the gov.co.uk site and didn't see anything.
Scotland do it.
Labour say they will If they get in. I can see Conservatives doing it if they ditch the grant.
Would definitely boost EV sales for sure .

Last edited:
I meant when does the grant run out?

Don't know how I missed this coming, Mini Electric, 140 miles WTLP range - enough for most people, UK built and £24k starting price with no silly battery rental and comes standard with DC charging!!

Looks fab, right brand, right price, and adequate range. Makes a £30k+ Hyundai Kona look way overpriced, these things should sell and sell.

3 door :(

XC40 Recharge revealed in full. Presumably they can detune or remove one engine to bring in an entry level version. Very interesting all the same.

Not sure if posted but Ford to enter the EV market
No solid details, but they are claiming an SUV with a range of up to 370 miles

Just realised there is an MG dealer 2 miles away. Booking a test drive.

Not sure if posted but Ford to enter the EV market
No solid details, but they are claiming an SUV with a range of up to 370 miles
I think in Australia they reported the Ford SUV was for China (only). No plans for release in Oz so I didn’t need pay much attention :)

Edit - looks interesting for the Uk though

Ford plan to release 15 electrified vehicles by 2022. Our Mustang-inspired, all-electric SUV is coming soon. And trust us, you don’t want to miss any updates.”

Not entirely sure if this is an April fools jokes or not, 130 miles range and not to be released till 2021, is it 2019 or 2009 currently?

Given the data on average commute distance I don’t think this is as bad as you make out. They’ve also clearly looked at the environmental impact.

The latter should be applauded.

Just realised there is an MG dealer 2 miles away. Booking a test drive.
Sufficiently impressed we ordered one as MG are currently matching the Government grant.

March.
PCP is up on the Leaf at the end of May, so we'll either hand it back a bit early or MG will hang on to it (the 25) for us.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom