Quantcast

New EV announcements

Delvey

Distinguished Member
I thought I would change the thread, instead of having multiple threads for each new EV announcement, have them under one thread.
The Honda E looks impressive, very old school but with a modern twist, and I actually like it.
No price as of yet, but range is claiming 125 miles +
The New Honda e | Next-Gen Electric Cars | Honda UK

honda.JPG

Bl4ckGryph0n

Distinguished Member
I saw the review in a Dutch car magazine last month...I can't say I like the look of that at all. Reminds me of a Kia Soul or Suzuki Wagon R or something. Very boxy.

VFR

Liked it from the moment I saw it & have no doubt it will sell better than most of the others.

Jimx26

I really like the look of the Peugeot 208 E GT just over 200 mile range and they reckon it will come in around £20k.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Last edited:

IronGiant

We'll certainly be looking when the PCP on the Leaf is up next year.

SourKraut

I really like the look of the Peugeot 208 E GT just over 200 mile range and they reckon it will come in around £20k.
If those figures are correct, that could be a game changer for me...my Leaf PCP ends in a years time and I believe that the Peugeot e208 is due April 2020.
Most of the all the new electric cars I’ve seen - New Leaf, Kia Niro, Hyundai Kona that would do over/around the 200 mile range are about £30000-£40000 and that is way out of my price range, even on a PCP

Delvey

Distinguished Member
If those figures are correct, that could be a game changer for me...my Leaf PCP ends in a years time and I believe that the Peugeot e208 is due April 2020.
Most of the all the new electric cars I’ve seen - New Leaf, Kia Niro, Hyundai Kona that would do over/around the 200 mile range are about £30000-£40000 and that is way out of my price range, even on a PCP
I've been offered a Zoe for £19,000 total amount on PCP. A good deal but I currently have no where to charge.
The Kona will not be available to next year now either.

SourKraut

I've been offered a Zoe for £19,000 total amount on PCP. A good deal but I currently have no where to charge.
The Kona will not be available to next year now either.
Yeah, the Kona and the Niro is a year away now...the Zoe does what 150 miles in real life?

Delvey

Distinguished Member

IronGiant

Mrs IG has just reserved one :thumbsup:

IronGiant

upload_2019-6-11_19-4-5.png

I now have a year to persuade her it looks better in blue.

I look forward to showing pictures of the red one.

IronGiant

Anyone e.g. @PRESSTOG know what happens if you change manufacturer and your home podpoint needs a new plug? I've no idea what the Peugeot uses but is it likely to be the same as Nissan's? and if not, can you easily change it?

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Been told I can also have a test drive as soon as they have them in stock.
Also, interesting if true
Screenshot_20190612-140942_Chrome.jpg

Be interesting to see how Renault, and possibly VW react if it comes in at under £20k

Last edited:

PRESSTOG

Anyone e.g. @PRESSTOG know what happens if you change manufacturer and your home podpoint needs a new plug? I've no idea what the Peugeot uses but is it likely to be the same as Nissan's? and if not, can you easily change it?
It will be Type2 for Home Charging and CCS for Rapid charging as thats the standard adopted for europe now

Does your popoint have an attached lead with a type 1 connector on the end (Assuming its a 24 or 30kw leaf). In that case a decent leccy can swap it out for £100

If its a non tethered lead then the type 2 socket on the podpoint will work fine with the cable that comes with the new car

One thing you may want to consider is if the podpoint is a 16amp one, may be worth upgrading to a 32amp one to maximise charging speed.

IronGiant

Just my luck, we went for a tethered lead, but thanks for the info, I'll get it changed to Type 2 if we proceed:thumbsup: Good news is that we thought ahead and went for a 32A PodPoint.

PRESSTOG

Just my luck, we went for a tethered lead, but thanks for the info :thumbsup:
We are the same have 2 Type 2 Tethered UNits, which really Irks friends with Leafs who come round thinking they will mooch some power while having a chat.. Sorry Mate wont fit ;-)

PRESSTOG

Ouch they are a bit more expensive than I thought about £140 for the lead then a leccy to fit it

Type 2 Tethered Cable

Remember if you have both cars at the same time you are entitled to a second OLEV grant, so depending on what deal Pug do nearer to the time may work out cheaper getting a second unit fitted (Did for us as we got a Chargemaster one thrown in free with the Zoe)

IronGiant

Thanks, I see you can get Type 1 to Type 2 adaptors for £132 so there are several options available. I might ask PodPoint how much to just change the plug.

PRESSTOG

Thanks, I see you can get Type 1 to Type 2 adaptors for £132 so there are several options available. I might ask PodPoint how much to just change the plug.
If it was me I would be buying a plug off Ebay and doing it myself, but then again as a Kid I stuck a fork in a 240v socket and still have spiky hair 50 years later... And changing a ceiling light socket last week switched it off at the wall but had not figured on it being on a live loop. Eyes dint half tingle from that. So very probably not the best person to give electrical advice ;-0