1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new epson TW200 2000:1 CR !!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by phillfyspoon, Oct 25, 2003.

1. phillfyspoon

phillfyspoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    I was just getting excited about the new ae500 & Z2 when the epson comes alone and claims on the epson website that in high brightness mode (1300lm) it has a CR of 800:1 and in low brightness (500lm) this goes up to 2000:1 which is huge for an lcd projector if this projector turns out to deliver it would be worth the extra over the ae500 & Z2 it is availible at price japan now so can when can we exspected some feedback this looks promising

visit http://babelfish.altavista.com/ and translate this site to japanesse and see for yourself what epson claims

http://www.i-love-epson.co.jp/products/elp/dreamio/emptw200/2002.htm

2. HEADRAT

HEADRAT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Well you should be able to buy one soon from the guys at NexNix (they said stock should be in very soon) :-

http://www.shootandshow.com/epson-emp-tw200.htm

I sent them a mail the other week about the HS20 but they aren't going to stock them because of the poor reliability of the HS10.

I also posted a thread to which I got one reply :( ;), it seems the this proj. might be a bit of a dark horse !

HEADRAT

3. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Unfortunately the specs there arent consistent with what epson said already, avs certainly are far from impressesd being left with the feeling that epson are selling last years specs at this years prices and this years specs with last years prices! I have seen a couple of times that according to the Epson website

TW200: 1280X720, 1300 Lumens, 800:1 CR, 8bit color, power zoom/focus, horizontal and vertical lens shift, no DVI or HDMI, catalog price $2440

which really isnt THAT fantastic.

Ad

4. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    AVS quote.....

'It appears that the CR of 2000:1 for the TW200 and 3400:1 for the TW500 is the difference between maximum white level in HIGH lamp mode with the iris fully open, and maximum black level in LOW lamp mode with the iris fully closed. What a load of crap. Obviously these on-off CR are not real world because you can only set the projector up in one mode at a time.'

ad