New Epson 4k Lasers

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Remember when we all wanted to know if it was DTM a couple of months back? The reps at the show didn’t know and forwarded the question to Epson Japan.
I guess that means it’s not lol

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
It still bothers me that more the 3 years after JVC release it on the N series neither SONY or Epson have introduced it. Both have the knowledge and technical skill to do such a task which makes me wonder why haven’t they and I don’t buy the argument that it’s very difficult.

TonyBuckets

Yeah, that lack of information for or against DTM is pretty odd at this point. You'd think someone would have said something either way at this point. My two thoughts are that there is not improved DTM (or similar to the 9400), or there is a software issue with DTM which they expected to be ready by launch.

Also, even if it doesn't launch with JVC level of DTM, can we expect a firmware update later in its lifespan similar to (what I understand) occurred with the JVC product lines?

It still bothers me that more the 3 years after JVC release it on the N series neither SONY or Epson have introduced it. Both have the knowledge and technical skill to do such a task which makes me wonder why haven’t they and I don’t buy the argument that it’s very difficult.
I agree. They lost my interest and led me to a JVC in very large part because of the lack of DTM on these and the lack of communication about what it can do in that regard.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES '22 TV Announcement Round-up, Plus, Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom