new epg software

t1m103

Prominent Member
Reaction score
got up this morning to find box had downloaded a new epg software,version 5.10.j HD nothing looks different so what has the update done?.

I'm still on f too. Does anybody know what the fixes are yet?

ATB

Max

Mostly under the bonnet.

However , apparently the Audio drop out problem (DD5.1) has been fixed , & one you can see is that some Telephone Numbers have changed.

Regards James

Mostly under the bonnet.

However , apparently the Audio drop out problem (DD5.1) has been fixed , & one you can see is that some Telephone Numbers have changed.
Someone claimed that the "Copy bug" (where widescreen programmes were incorrectly output in 4:3 when using the Copy function) was fixed. I have not tested this myself.

Strange to update it for such minor things unless the MAJOR EPG update has slipped!

Someone claimed that the "Copy bug" (where widescreen programmes were incorrectly output in 4:3 when using the Copy function) was fixed. I have not tested this myself.

Strange to update it for such minor things unless the MAJOR EPG update has slipped!

Certain minor updates & tweaks need to take place , ready for the forthcoming major update.

Regards James

I'm also still on f although, when I switched on this morning, the box went to the Sky Channel as if they had downloaded something. So am somewhat confused.

Ken

I'm on "J" now and I'm not sure if it's a coincidence but every few hours my box displays the "Your Sky+ is about to go into standby".

I only noticed as I leave Sky News on all day in the office and at least three times the TV has turned to static (as the box turned itself into standby). It was only this evening when I glanced up at the TV that I noticed the message (which I'd only seen previously very late at night).

I'm on "J" now and I'm not sure if it's a coincidence but every few hours my box displays the "Your Sky+ is about to go into standby".

I only noticed as I leave Sky News on all day in the office and at least three times the TV has turned to static (as the box turned itself into standby). It was only this evening when I glanced up at the TV that I noticed the message (which I'd only seen previously very late at night).

my earlier post. http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=763648

AFAIK, different development teams are working on the new EPG code-base vs. the current EPG. So, no new features being added to the existing EPG, but bug-fixes, yes.

I'm still on the older version. Are they rolling out over time or testing it on "selected" customers?

Ken

I'm still on the older version. Are they rolling out over time or testing it on "selected" customers?

Ken

The updates seem to roll out in a very haphazard manner, the last major update (Anytime, Auto Stand-by etc) took quite some time before everyone got it. There's just no pattern to it IMHO, perhaps there is to Sky! :rolleyes:

ATB

Max

does anyone know or could take a very good guesstimate of the date the MAJOR update will be downloaded??

does anyone know or could take a very good guesstimate of the date the MAJOR update will be downloaded??

Errr ..... no, unless you're a Sky insider how could you hope to know, sorry. ;)

ATB

Max

Well, if you want a guesstimate then I'd say sometime after this week... probably between now & 2010 ;)

Returned from holiday this evening to find everything that was planned to record last night had 'Failed' and the reason given was power cut yet no other appliance in the house showed evidence of a power cut. But I've checked the EPG software and we're on J now so I wonder if its caused the Failed recordings.

Also when we click 'TV Guide' on the remote and on screen the menu appears but for a few seconds the background is all black then appears normal light blue background.

Any other owners out there with EPG 'j' having issues like above?

Returned from holiday this evening to find everything that was planned to record last night had 'Failed' and the reason given was power cut yet no other appliance in the house showed evidence of a power cut. But I've checked the EPG software and we're on J now so I wonder if its caused the Failed recordings.

Also when we click 'TV Guide' on the remote and on screen the menu appears but for a few seconds the background is all black then appears normal light blue background.

Any other owners out there with EPG 'j' having issues like above?

No, the EPG j is not the issue, I suspect that in the last week most users whatever EPG software they have, will have had the program record clashes and channel selection issues etc, so you're one of many.....:(

I had a problem during the week 'failed recordings' but the box appears to be recording dirty, sey money on 4HD

by the way i am on 'j' to my update now says that i can select DTS in t sound options

Not really.............but i am on 'j'

yep I get this too :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom