New EPG SKY-HD boxes freezes using rewind / fastforward

EasterEEL1

My box is one of the small ones about two years old. It has been 100% ok until after the latest EPG update. Since the update it has frozen trying to rewind on a few occasions. When it freezes it eventually re-boots itself and we lose the opportunity to watch whatever it was we wanted to rewind!

So I have gone from having no problems to three reboots within a week. I'm thinking of cancelling because the last time this happened I had to get the orginal 2006 HD box replaced as it could not cope with an update to the EPG. Sky gave me a refurbished unit which was pile of [email protected] and kept switching off and in the end I brought the new smaller one.

Interested to know if anybody is seeing this problem, thx?

logiciel

Last edited:

EasterEEL1

I did read scan through that thread but didn't see any comments with freezing rewind/f-forward. Probably should have put the question in that thread though as it is dealing with issues since the EPG update.

Sadly because I agreed to let Sky replace my Thompson HD box with a refurb. Sky then wouldn't agree to replace the refurb with a new smaller box, so I paid for it.

Thanks for the links. Most of the time I am reasonably happy with Sky but I probably should be more demanding as I have been with Sky for 20 years taking the full package. At the moment I am talking to Virgin Media (my broadband provider), and it looks like I can get everything I currently have plus two free HD boxes and save £14 a month. So just going to head over to that forum to see how the land lies with Virgin Media.

Last edited:

logiciel

Yes, I saw that it was a new problem, but there have been so many that it seemed like a good idea to have yours along with theirs.
Especially as you've been with Sky for so long, I'm sure that you'd have found that the forum slogan Polite Persistence Pays would have worked to get you the current PVR, and equally sure that it would get you some reasonable offers now.

logiciel

From next week that would be a very desirable side effect.

logiciel

Five people are coming from there to play three different things so they'll have their TVs on all the time to catch them.:mad:

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom