New epg not downloaded

adriandg

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have a 1tb sky hd box in the living room and the new epg has downloaded to that. I have a second hd box in the bedroom which isn't a 1tb box but is only about a year old and the new epg hasn't downloaded to that. Can I force it to download or do I just wait until it does it itself?

Thanks

As long as it's a DRX 890 or 895 then you can force update your box to it now.
It should be a 890 if it's about a year old and isn't 1 or 2tb.

Think yourself lucky, i have an old amstrad box and so far have had to hard reset it twice as the new epg messes up recordings, audio, channel changing and i have to press more buttons to get anywhere, And its just updated its self again tonite so i have lost 2 recordings and have no mini tv in epg etc. as apparently recordings (of which none are going on) have been interrupted due to signal loss (which is fine).
thanks sky:censored:

Anyway of getting the old EPG back the new one is absolutely shocking. The response time of pressing sky buttons is slow. If you press the backup button it goes back to the EPG, where you have to press the back up button another 3 times to get back to screen. Thanks sky! What a big steaming pile of shit

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no way of getting the old EPG back.

Have you tried permanently deleting everything in the deleted folder then performing a planner rebuild.
You could also try a forced software update after that.
It can sometimes speed things up.

If you want to exit the Sky guide just press the Sky button instead of BackUp.

If you press the backup button it goes back to the EPG, where you have to press the back up button another 3 times to get back to screen.

This new 'feature' annoys the hell out of me

If you want to exit the Sky guide just press the Sky button instead of BackUp.

Will give this a try, assuming i can figure out which button i assigned to 'Sky' on my Harmony :(

Maybe you didn't - same as me!
I may go back to the activity some time and customise it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom