New EPG has reverted back to old EPG - anyone else

Simba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, last night my EPG reverted back to the old 'traditional' one.

Anyone elses done that and or know why?

simba

You lucky bugger!:D

Phone the Guinness Book of Records. Must be a first.:D:D Did you do a forced update to cure anything?

Hey guys, last night my EPG reverted back to the old 'traditional' one.

Anyone elses done that and or know why?

simba

Assuming you want to go back to the new EPG have you tried doing a forced update? Turn off box at mains, then whilst holding backup button on the box switch on power at mains and hold backup button until you get a series of coloured lights on front panel. Wait 10 mins or so while the box updates and all the lights (bar 1) go off on the front panel.

I can't see this happening unless Sky are actually rolling back the EPG, and if that was so lots more people would have had the same problem.

Maybe a sky man broke in and replaced your box overnight?

Just tried to force update my hd box so i could get the itv hd channel and i don't get updated, stays as the old epg, tried it twice waited as per the on screen instructions, 10 minutes or so the box then powers off, i boot it up and still the same epg. It says it's doing it on screen but no new epg. Altough reading soem of the comments maybe I've had a lucky escape!!!:thumbsup:

Hehe in a way im kinda glad! :rotfl:

Just tried to force update my hd box so i could get the itv hd channel and i don't get updated, stays as the old epg, tried it twice waited as per the on screen instructions, 10 minutes or so the box then powers off, i boot it up and still the same epg. It says it's doing it on screen but no new epg. Altough reading soem of the comments maybe I've had a lucky escape!!!:thumbsup:

The new EPG update cant be forced Phil. Sky send it over the air themselves when they feel like it!

Is your box Pace or Thomson?

From what I have read and understood from previous posts, if you have a Pace and force an update it will revert back to the old EPG. If you have a Thomson it should keep the new EPG.

Forced update will never go backwards - this was tried before the Thomsons were completely done. I'm not sure how the OP managed to revert... I'm guessing there's something we're missing.

I have a Thomson HD box.

I will have to confirm all this when i get home at the weekend and try and see whats happened exactly.

From what iv been told by the peeps at home is that the sky guide is back to the old one.

:suicide:

oh and i just found out ALL recorded programs have been deleted lol :suicide:

they called sky but the advisors acted dumb. reckon il be making the calls soon :mad:

oh and i just found out ALL recorded programs have been deleted lol :suicide:

IMO Someone replaced the box.

Either a Sky engineer or someone at your house when you were away.

Don't be surprised to find out when you check that your Thomson has mutated into an Amstrad...

Of course if it wasn't a Sky engineer you could find either the card isn't paired to the box or (worse) you've inherited someone elses card..

Last edited:
lmao....im just as mystified!

what i do know is that no sky dude has been out and no one has changed the box. a new card was sent out recently but that was a few weeks ago.

the count down begins. all shall be revealed soon. :boring:

Maybe Freesat have filed a lawsuit against Sky for their exclusive rights to ITV HD and the big match tonight.

:devil:

I too tried to do a forced update on my Thomson box but still get the old EPG :confused::confused:

Anyone care to shed any light on this???

ok folks line up one by one, pies at the ready :rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl:

i got rid of the mini tv to speed things up and for some reason they thought it had gone back to the old one - jeez it wasnt that long ago.....

still doesnt explain why all the recordings have wiped!!

check the version:

model - 902020
version - 4e300e
os version -1.32b12
epg sw - sky+8.3.2

better close the thread before more folks get curious haha

better close the thread before more folks get curious haha

No!

Leave it open so we can all point and laugh at you!:hiya:

The moral of the story? Get your facts right before posting complete and utter rubbish on internet forums.:rotfl:

The moral of the story? Get your facts right before posting complete and utter rubbish on internet forums.:rotfl:

You realize how boring the forums would be if everyone did that? :eek:

i got rid of the mini tv to speed things up and for some reason they thought it had gone back to the old one - jeez it wasnt that long ago.....

The moral of the story is "never believe what anyone says about anything, until you've seen it for yourself first hand":D:D. My lot couldn't tell the difference between a new EPG and an old copy of the Radio Times sellotaped on the screen.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom