New EPG - constant faults requiring daily (or more often) resets!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by neilball, Jul 29, 2012.

1. neilball

neilball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +649
    Is anyone else suffering with the following faults since the new EPG was introduced?

Now and Next banner loses all info - bars are blank except for channel number and ID.
    TV planner shows not data.
    TV Planner recorded program's list have no program names, only time and date of recording.
    Attempting to change channel by entering the program number simply leaves the three digits on screen but channel does not change.
    Sky box loses the network connection, rescanning says no network found even though the box is hard-wired to the network.

My original new 1TB box was new about 4 months ago and had occasional glitches but no more than usual. Since the new EPG, the problems listed above have become a daily occurrence, or some times several times a day. The problems also occur all at the same time, so the box either works fully or shows all of the above faults.

I've had a warranty call where a refurb box was fitted and my dish/lnb were replaced, and following a forced software update the problems were all back with the day. A second visit with a brand new box was next, and this time the software was left on an earlier version without the news EPG, and the box was fine for just over a day. Then the software updated automatically overnight and the next morning I had the news EPG again and immediately the faults were all back!

The fact that all three 1TB boxes had the exact same faults within 24 hours of the new software/EPG seems to point to a software issue, and the need for constant sets makes the box almost unusable without several resets a day!

If there is anyone else suffering the same problems then I would be grateful for any details on your progress in sorting out this issue.

2. bow79

bow79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I have an older HD box about 3 years. List to record constantley dissapears, have not tried to do anything about it. May be other problems but hardly use it use freview more, so have not noticed.

3. steve a

steve a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Failed recordings,can't look a few hours ahead on the tv schedule let alone a day or two ahead.Just not it's normal reliable self.
    Normal hd box and not 1tb.

4. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,789
    It would be interesting to have those reports, but what about your own progress - have you tried the Complaints form and the e-mail to the CEO yet?

5. neilball

neilball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +649
    Not yet, I'm trying for a different approach and trying to get through to the development team to ensure the problems are effectively fed back constructively. However I'm still prepared to take it further with formal complaint if that is what it takes, my system is so unusable at present as to be almost unusable. If this drags on I will be expecting significant compensation as the service is not fit for purpose!

6. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,789
    That's very conscientious of you.:thumbsup:
    If any fault at all developed with mine the complaints form would be buzzing immediately.

7. Funky Phantom

Funky Phantom
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks, 1st post

I have the exact same problem as the OP, it started with the last EPG update, Amstrad HD box banjaxed but older Pace Sky+ running without problems. When I rang Sky tech I was told its a known software issue and would be resolved shortly, 3 weeks and dozens of daily reboots latter the box seems to have given up the ghost, blue screen, imputs 1 & 2 show no signal yet I have sound?, recordings/ anytime wont play, completely useless. Rang tech again for a solution and was told its my hdmi cable, :mad:, I kid you not, anyway tech denied any knowledge of problem and scheduled a callout, hours of recordings unwatched, :mad::mad::mad::mad: and 2 days without main tv
    Obviously its a software problem but has anyone heard of a fix date?

8. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,789
    They've messed up your machine, so they must fix it and give you compensation.
    I'd get the details in writing to them on the complaints form at MySky.

9. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Welcome to the Forum. :)

I'm afraid your experience is typical of trying to deal with Sky, which is why it's best to get everything in writing as Logi advises.

Good luck! :smashin:

10. Markee

Markee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +196
    Has anyone had problems with recording a current program?

If you press record, nothing appears to happen, but if you go to the planner the shows as recording.

11. Hedgehog1979

Hedgehog1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Not something I have experienced, have you tried a planner rebuild?

12. Markee

Markee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +196
    No, I'll give that a try, didn't think of that as its only really been playing up since the new EPG came out.

13. Hedgehog1979

Hedgehog1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Definitely worth a try, hope it works.