Question New Enclosure time

beecee

after posting here and getting a network set up sorted, and hard disk choices cleared, its now time for the enclosure.

i have narrowed it down to 3 maybe 4.. but if anyone has experience with any of them your advice would be welcomed, or if there are better choices?

i have a budget of around £500 for an enclosure with 8tb. WD red 4tb drives are around £120, so would say £220 or so for the enclosure.

in no order:
choice 1 at £130 (currently) and reasonable reviews:
D-link ShareCenter DNS-340L 4-Bay Network Storage Enclosure: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Choice 2 at a £100 more is it worth the extra?
WD My Cloud EX4 Personal Cloud Storage NAS - Enclosure Only: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Choice 3
QNAP TS-431 4 Bay Desktop NAS: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Choice 4 outsider...
ASUSTOR AS-204T 4 Bay Desktop Network Attached Storage with RAID/UPnP Media Streaming/iTunes Server: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

as usual, any and all info is gratefully appreciated.

NOTE:::: this is my first NAS , so hopefully nothing toooooo complicated.

Last edited:

bubblegum57

I upgraded my 2 bay synology DS212J to your choice 3, I had lots of trouble with it losing connection. I ended up sending it back. It seems their forum has one person answering questions. it didn't seem to be as good as the Synology.
I ended up getting a DS414, not cheap, but I did consider ZyXEL NAS540 4-Bay Desktop Network Storage Power NAS Enclosure (1.2GHZ, Dual Core CPU): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

But, out of you choices, I would go for the Asustor, but that is only going by reading this forum.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom