1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Ellié XS3000HT at £5995 inc VAT

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by WSquared, Oct 20, 2001.

1. WSquared

WSquared

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Any of the Projector gurus had a play with this Ellie projector yet? Gordon, etc
    Just curious to know how it compairs to the Cine7(with LiMo) that we saw at the "Event". I'm not interested in buying one, still too big.

WSquared

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    Can't comment I'm afraid. Ellie deal direct so it's rare that any dealers get to see their products unless they are in clients homes already. Next time I'm around Jim's way though, and I've got a spare hr or so I'll give him a call and see if I can stick my head in for a gander!

Gordon

3. ROne

ROne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Not a guru or CRT owner, but I have seen both ELLIES and have got to say I was a little disappointed with the 2000, to vague a picture to me.

However the 3000 is something pretty special, line tripled on an 8ft screen it was an inviting picture. And the problem was when you went back to look at the 2000, you kind of wanted to go the extra mile a buy the 3000.

But to be honest I prefer my LCD to either in my circumstance and maybe one day I will buy a CRT.

4. James McHugh

James McHugh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gordon you know your more than welcome anytime I'll even get the kettle on :)

[ 24-10-2001: Message edited by: James McHugh ]