New Earphones for a Max budget £200

colinb07958

Hi All

I have a ipod and recorded songs at apple lossless. I am always listening to music (mainly dance, DnB) I sometimes listed to pop/chart music. I also thought it would be handy to mention I have small ear canals.

I was looking at the over ear ones but unfortunatly I sweat quite a bit and over ears will be too unconfortable.

I am used to in ears now. There is a vast choice out there at the mo.

Shure se 215
B&W C5
Klipsch X10i

Blah Blah

The above are just a few that I have seen online. I did try the Klipsch and they were lovely but the knocking of the lead on my clothes when walking spoilt the experience.

I have also looked at the Shure 535 which are nothing short of a fortune (in my wage) I was just wondering is the difference between the 215 and the 535 really £250 worth?

Please help. The issue is that you cant try these in the shops really as they are in ear etc.

Any ideas?

larkone

Distinguished Member
I have a pair of Denon AH-C751 and am very pleased with them. Nicely balanced sound and cable really is non-tangle. Once you get them fitted correctly the bass is superb and nice clean top end. You can adjust the size for ear canals by using different size buds, I have one small and one medium. Have a look at a famous auction site as there are some for sale BNIB.

Last edited:

HeadBanger

I've had my Shure 425's for over a year now and still love them. Excellent sound isolation and very little cable rub noise. They offer a fairly neutral sound balance with lots of detail so if you are used to boom 'n tizz they might not be for you.

colinb07958

Cheers guys there is just so many out there like Sennheiser ie8 and ie 80s etc.

Maybe I will try get to a John Lewis as they a good shop I think

davidcotton

Hi

If you think that the cable noise is bad from the klipsch you won't like the shure's cable.

The Klipsch can be had for a more reasonable £160 ish on amazon if you are prepared to wait incidentally.

The ie8's and ie80's are basically the same headphone fwiw.

paulr

Anyupdate, what did you buy.

I'm looking to spend £100 on earphones. Looking in what hi-fi the Grado IGI's get a decent review.

Steven

Senior Moderator
Hi

If you think that the cable noise is bad from the klipsch you won't like the shure's cable.
Do not get any cable noise from my Shure 535

For £200 the best IEM is probably the Westone UM2, although I need some sit-down time with budget Phonaks and evaluate

LFC4TUNE

Try the UE triple-FI 10's. I paid €150 Amazon Germany. RRP €300.
3drivers. Awesome sound. Replaceable/upgradable cable.

image-2081543973.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom