New E1 owner!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by vince_vega, Sep 15, 2007.

1. vince_vega

vince_vega

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Hi guys, i am a new member of the hd-dvd brigade (this morning in fact) and i have just got a little question to ask. How do i know what firmware my player is running and how do i update it if i cant get the player near my internet connection?? :thumbsup: Also when i choose up to 1080i the picture is slightly blurred and flickery. Is this something that will be caused by old firmware?

2. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,093
    If you can't get your machine hooked up to the internet you can contact Toshiba who will send you an update disc.

Why can't you get hooked up to the internet,the player does not need to be hooked up to your a/v system at the same time as connected to your modem/router.

3. Donali

Donali

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +106
    To check your firmware press setup with no disc in the machine. Then general, then maintenance then update. IUt will show your current firmware 1.5 or 2.0 etc and ask if you want to update. Hope that makes sense.

Don

4. TrevorS

TrevorS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    There are two ways to update, and if you can't weither bring your player to your internet connection or run a longer cable from your connection to the player, then you'll have to contact Toshiba and request the latest update disc for the E1 (or whichever model you have) -- they'll post it to you.

I wouldn't expect the FW level to be responsible for your described video problems. What player do you have, what TV do you have, what connections are you using?

5. vince_vega

vince_vega

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Thanks for the answers:) My kit list is in my sig so i wont type it out again:smashin: And upon viewing a disc it is only the setup screens that are showing this slight burriness (is that even a word??) the movies themselves look amazing!

6. TrevorS

TrevorS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    As long as the films look tops, I guess I wouldn't worry too much about the menus. I suppose it's entirely possible there could be some variation there for people. I understand there are othr manufacturers of AV equipment that have sharper looking menus that these players, but at least IMO, that matters little. I personally have no difficulty in reading and setting them.