New DVD Recorders From Panasonic

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Rasczak, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    CDR Info has posted some information on the (Japanese) versions of the five new DVD recorders from Panasonic:
    http://www.cdr-info.com/Sections/News/Details.asp?RelatedID=5073

Of interest to some will be the E150:
    If/When we get a UK release remains to be see though - probably won't appear until next year. Especially as the UK didn't see the E70 released here (due to higher than expected international demand) and is still waiting on the E75.

Note the Japanese E85 has a 160GB HDD (here it is 80GB) and the E95 has a 250GB HDD (here it will have 160GB). Personally I find it annoying we are given the 'minimum' necessary to put the models at/near the top capacity available here - why not just give us the same capacity as the Japanese versions. Cost of course - but then surely this should be less of an issue for the top of the range E95!?!? :mad:

2. steve36

steve36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    It was the same with the E100 that had larger capacity and component output in the US.
    It's as if they design a product, then decide to make more profit from the UK selling us a product that we definitely will wish to upgrade next year. As I said before the Panasonic rep last year knew that component would be in this years models.

It's almost enough to make you go to Sony and the PSX.

Almost.

Steve.

3. JIT

JIT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Still waiting for a Freeview tuner.

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    Agreed - I was disappointed to that Panasonic have omitted a Freeview tuner from the E95. Perhaps we will get a third HDD/DVDR combo this year but based on the E200/E500 - that could have a DVB. According to AvLand the Sony RX10 WILL have a Freeview tuner - and as Sony products support the 7 day EPG this could be a good product. The RX10 might not be that cheap though...

5. JIT

JIT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    The E-85 looks good at £550 and i would hope Panasonic can improve on its features by adding a Freeview tuner and a bigger HDD for its replacement.

6. sdc395

sdc395
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any HDD/DVDR combo is going to have to incorporate two DTT tuners before I'll take the plunge, tempted as I am by the HX10's specs.