New DVD player wanted.

ytgti

Standard Member
I want to buy a new player but i'm not quite sure what to look out for.

I want to spend about £200-£300 maybe a little more, ive been looking at Toshiba and want the best value player i can get. The features i'm looking for are, RGB, multi-region, silver and a very good picture quality. Ive got a 100hz TV so is there any that work well with this type of TV. I was thinking of the Tosh SD-510E as its got a digital noise reduction feature on it, when i watch movies i have to turn the NR off on the TV as i get smearing, but then i get quite alot of noise. Would this player help with this problem.

So i would appreciate any help/advice/info/suggestions ect so my money goes on the right player, also were to buy online and the best price.

Thanks.

Buckster

I'd highly recommend the Pioneer 656 - picture and sound quality are extremely good, especially surprised at the CD-playback. Much better picture quality than my 535. Has component out, DVD-Audio, SACD, DNR, and HyperAlias filter (which makes a big difference in my opinion).

How it compares to the 510, I don't know, mine was about 350 pounds. Notice you can get the 520e for as little as 220.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LCD TVs for Movies, Laser Projectors, RIP Ennio Morricone, AV & Movie news, B+W Matt Damon
Top Bottom