new dvd player or screen?

Taq

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I currently project my ae300 image on to a lightish green wall with a Pioneer dv444 player through svideo.
I am happy with the picture quality and the green wall doesn't seem to make much of a difference to what I think the colour should be (the room is in complete darkness when viewing films). There's always room for improvement though so I was thinking of improving my system a bit.

Which do you think would be the best way to upgrade my system - a new prog scan dvd player (I was thinking of the Sony 730) or a proper screen (or at least a DIY one)? Simply painting a square on the wall icestorm 6 with a black border would be the easiest solution, but the missus is dead against that idea (typical!).

I recently tried the projector through vga from a laptop and was blown away by the difference so at the moment I am leaning towards a new DVD player (even though that will only do component there should be a marked improvement).

Thanks,
Taq

Why don't you do both.
A new progressive dvd (130) for a 730 would be a big improvement, probably on par with a HTPC (please lets not get pedantic about this boys) and build a screen from 4 pieces of wood and a black out blind from JL (about 30quid in total)
The screen will make a big difference, as although the green looks like it doesn't make a difference, if you compared with a neutral screen it does.
Azzo.

to agree with azzo, a proper screen makes alot of differnce to pic quality. a high quality 7ft screen ca be had for £250.

(try grandview screens fo good quality and price)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom