New DVD player needed to go with new TV (Toshiba 37WLT66)

patersoj

Standard Member
Hello all
I've recently been forced to emerge from the dark ages when my 20+ year old portable 14" tv died. I replaced it with a Toshiba 37WLT66. Last weekend my old dvd player packed up as well, so I need to get a new one of those too.

There I was, about to pop into Argos for a cheap multi region job, when my mates started going on about HDMI, upscaling and other things I don't know the meaning of! Upon closer quizzing it appeared that they weren't that savvy either...

So, I guess my question is whether this stuff is really important?
Will any dvd player do, or is there actually an appreciable difference if you spend a little bit more money?
I don't mind spending up to about £100 on this if it's actually worth it and would bring out the best in the tv. Or am I being too stingy here?

Basically I don't have a clue, and having been talked into a large tv (to me anyway) by the guys I know I'm thinking it might be nice to see stuff at it's best.

It's fairly important to me that the player is multi region, as about a third of my dvds are from outside of region 2.

Many thanks in advance for all advice received
Jan

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom