New DVD player help

CheifWigham

Standard Member
Reaction score
Please can some one offer me some web links and ideas
I have a Samsung R88 32” TV which runs my sons 360 standard DVD films and also standard Sky TV
Sound is run through my Panasonic amp which is fully loaded with optical links which are all used now, and I love my surround sound and don’t want to replace it with a DVD/surround amp
Im looking to buy a new DVD player and someone said to me that loads of places are selling there HD DVD players off cheap due to Blue Ray winning the war first of all is this true?
Second I need my new DVD player to have a coax optical out for my sound, and it would be nice if it also has the optical out as well, but I also need it to be region free or know of sites I can go to so I can check any DVD player suggestions for the code to make the player region free.
And the only other thing is my player needs to be not too expensive lmao

So if anyone could or would help I would be really grateful

Please can some one offer me some web links and ideas
I have a Samsung R88 32” TV which runs my sons 360 standard DVD films and also standard Sky TV
Sound is run through my Panasonic amp which is fully loaded with optical links which are all used now, and I love my surround sound and don't want to replace it with a DVD/surround amp
Im looking to buy a new DVD player and someone said to me that loads of places are selling there HD DVD players off cheap due to Blue Ray winning the war first of all is this true?
Second I need my new DVD player to have a coax optical out for my sound, and it would be nice if it also has the optical out as well, but I also need it to be region free or know of sites I can go to so I can check any DVD player suggestions for the code to make the player region free.
And the only other thing is my player needs to be not too expensive lmao

So if anyone could or would help I would be really grateful

Hi,first thing mate,there is no such thing as coax optical,it's either one or the other.Try Play.com for your player

Digital coax is an rca type connection.

There is either Optical digital or Coaxial digital, there is no coax optical... well not AFAIK :D

Yes Toshiba is no longer making HD-DVD players, and have pulled out of the HD war.. so lots of players are being sold cheap... or at least they were back in February ;) stocks are getting low now.. but the classifieds on here and Ebay is your friend. :smashin:

You might well be best with an E1 if you can find it as this can be made region free (for SD-DVD all HD-DVD's are of course region free) and is relatively cheap.. Check out the HD-DVD forum (next door ;) ) for more details..

You might still be able to source a new EP30 (try amazon), but there is currently no avaliable multi-region hack for that or the EP35..

The Xbox addon is a great player for the money as low as £11 from Amazon.de, delivered!! but you do need to have the Xbox there and on, which can be noisey.. and you will not get the full HD sound expereince either... it can also be used as a PC drive, but it isn't as simple as Sd DVD..

The good news is that HD-DVD disc prices have fallen to around £5 for many titles... Try HMV online for a good selection at £4.99 :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom