1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New DVD Player/AVR300/AVR250/AVP700 Firmware

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Crustyloafer, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
  2. Hifi addict

Hifi addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    whats this about the AVP701 (not 700) that you mentioned in the sw update section???? are there 2 models to be released ?????

3. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
    The AVP701 would appear to be the US version of the AVP700.

4. VoltronUS

VoltronUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Crusty-

I am so happy to see the list of issues Arcam have corrected in the DV29 because I have experienced so many of them! After your last great effort to put out info on all of the SW updates, I went to my local dealer and upgraded to the last version. Unfortunately, the CD playback still stopped when my HDMI plasma turned on/off, it failed to display DVD-A video material properly, and other issues still persisted. Maybe this upgrade will make the whole HDMI connection more stable, and it certainly will address some of the more annoying quirks I was putting up with.

Do you know if these upgrades are presently available to dealers over the extranet? If so, I will call and encourage mine to download the upgrades ASAP. Thanks for the great news! :clap:

BTW, have you received your new CD player and preamp yet? I am very curious to hear your thoughts after you have had some time to live with them.

V

5. Guy Verbist

Guy Verbist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah - that would explain why the test noise never worked on my DV29 - I thought it was something I was doing wrong ...

Cheers!

Guy

p.s. now I have to work out how to install it ...

6. Greggles

Greggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Great to hear about the firmware upgrade for the DV29. Sorry, I'm relatively new to Arcam gear, so how do I carry-out the upgrade (with my old Meridian 596 I simply downloaded it from the website). I remember reading that it's just a matter of sticking a ROM Disc in the drive and the player does it by itself? If so, where do I get the disc from, a dealer or Arcam direct?? :lease:

7. VoltronUS

VoltronUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Greggles-

I am in the US, but my dealer loaned me the CD with the upgrade and I just popped it in the DV29 and the upgrade proceeds automatically. I seem to remember that some dealers on this site have emailed the files to interested persons. Anyway, best of luck.

V

8. Guy Verbist

Guy Verbist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, but I'll have to say "me too" please. At the very least I'd like to get the test tone going (having recently done a lot of chopping and changing of speakers).

I'm sure the dealer where I bought the unit might be able to help me, but TBH it would be a right pain to schlep back up to Swiss Cottage (and even then, as nice as they are, I guess there's the risk of being told "no", "what firmware?", "what *is* firmware?" etc.) I'll happily pay postage on a disk and promise to pass it on to the next interested party. Or if someone can mail me the file(s) I'll burn 'em onto a CD and ship it out to anyone interested.

Ta

Guy

p.s. as I type I'm getting the vague feeling that this is probably ground that's been gone over before ...

9. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,243
    Firmware update for the AVP700?? Has it actually been released yet?

10. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
    Yes it has. I'm not sure if they have actually been shipped out yet but it should be any day now.

11. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Update worked a treat on my dv88+
    Thanks

Matt

Just waiting to hear opinions on the avp700 now :)

12. WRG

WRG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John Dawson from Arcam posted on another forum yesterday that their main US shipment was already on the water, so he said the first week of July for the dealers looked to be about right.....

So for here in the states, just a bit longer :)

13. VoltronUS

VoltronUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Happy to report that the v5.25 firmware update to the DV29 has worked magic on my player. The various HDMI quirks I had experienced seem to be gone. DVD-A playback always sounded fine but the visual portion--including the playlist--would disappear as soon as the playlist commenced playing. Last night I finally got to experience the discs as intended and could navigate and view photo galleries, etc. CDs used to stop playing as soon as the HDMI-connected plasma was turned on/off. No more. Smooth playback no matter what happens on TV, as it should be. I'm sure there are more items I could tick off, but mostly I just want to thank Arcam for bringing the DV29 up to snuff with this update, and encourage other owners to get a disc and do the update (or cart their players to a local dealer to do it).

Cheers,
    V