New DVD player and 5.1 advice

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Degas, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Degas

Degas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello all, I have a range of equipment that I am pretty sure isn't set up to it's best connectivity (is that even a word?) and I need some advice on the best way to connect everything up, here's what I currently have:-

42" Plasma JVC PD-42D30ES (http://www.jvc.co.uk/article.php?id=100154)
    Sky Digital+ (Just arrived )
    Panasonic DVD-RW DMR-E50
    JVC TH-V70R DVD and 5.1 surround sound system

Now I am pretty sure I have got everything wired up individually correctly, it's just the order in which I connect them to each other I may have wrong. I would ideally like to record from SKY+ and then to my DVD-RW at as high quality as possible and also have a high quality output for SKY+ and my bought DVDs, I would also like 5.1 Digital sound for both DVD's and SKY.

Now I want to keep most of my equipment but I am looking to replace the DVD player and 5.1 system with either a new system that can accommedate what I want to do OR use seperates. The problem being, the seperates will have to be thin to fit everything in, so I would need a 5.1 system and a seperate DVD player, preferably with component outputs so I can finally use that connection on my TV. (Divx compatibility would be nice)

Sorry for the rant and if I have missed anything out, please ask.

Cheers in advance, Simon.

2. Degas

Degas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Bump, anyone..... :lease: