New DVD /HDD recorder range from Hitachi

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jamba, Sep 1, 2005.

1. jamba

jamba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. rogerh

rogerh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    This link gives some more info:-www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/shownews.php?id=8301

BUT the big question for me is do they have DIGITAL (Freeview) Tuners?
    I think not as it's not mentioned and the machines are for Europe where although Digital Terrestial is fast growing, manufacturers know they can still get away with selling Analogue tuners and make further profits from the kit having built-in redundancy!
    It's a great shame if they only have Analogue as it means that what could have been competition for Sony has instead left Sony out in front with its' upcoming new range.
    Competition being always good for the customer as far as pricing!!!

3. MarcoSpain

MarcoSpain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Found out the 81E version will cost about 550 Euros and the 161E about 650 Euros...

BUT: big question for me is - does it upscale DVDs to 720pi or 768pi?

I need an DVD HD recorder with an HDMI connection, but at the moment there are none which upscale. There's an LG with HDMI that doesn't upscale, and there's a Samsung recorder that upscales but doesn't have HD...

If the 161E upscales, then the 650 Euros kight be well worth it. Does anyone know if it does?