• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New DVD advice? Yam 2500 or Denon 3910?

Ru55

Standard Member
Ello!

Does anyone out there have any of the above dvd players? Need some help choosing!!

Have a budget of 700quid MAX!

jeiti

Hi, you might want to include the Pioneer 989 on your short list.
Lovely picture and nice sound. Denon has some issues with MBE (Macroblocking) and the Yam 2500 got some problems with certain DVDs. Not saying that the Pio is faultless, but it's a very nice player IMHO and I'm guessing that it's not far off your target budget, not sure what it cost in GB.

Cheers.

Monk888

I paid £730 for my Pio 989.

IMHO, I think Picture Quality alone the 989 has few peers(bit like comparing Tiger Woods to Ronnie Corbett at golf), sound with movies adds another demension to your enjoyment. Don't think you get better for under £1k.

Believe me I looked around for a lot of players, home tests and went for the pioneer.

Seems to play all my DVDs without problems.

Hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom