New DTT card

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by rhinoman, Apr 25, 2003.

1. rhinoman

rhinoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Just got an email from Maplins special offers and noticed this http://www.maplin.co.uk/default.asp?CartID=10747962&targetmodule=35353 AVerMedia DVB-T Digital Terrestrial Receiver PCI Card
    which was quite interesting, reduced to £80 at the minute and with a svideo in as well as the stuff the Nebula has.

Anyone got one or want to be the guinea-pig?

2. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I had one for a day, the software is very feature-less and can't even display a 16:9 picture at the correct aspect ratio - so you get tall and skinny-vision, took it back to maplin under their 14 day money back guarantee. I wouldn't buy one if I were you, but you could try one out :)

3. rhinoman

rhinoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Yous seem to be into all the DTT stuff;) Cheers for the reply but could you elaborate
    Did you try it on a 16:9 display or a 4:3 and so is it a problem caused from a :3 display that wouldn't exist with a 16:9?

Cheers

4. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    On a 4:3 display the 16:9 picture was horizontally squashed, so if you did have an anamorphic display like plasma it would unstretch it to make it look right, but I dont think they had that in mind when they were designing the software!