"NEW Dreambox DM7020HD Twin DVB-S2 Enigma2

Neophasis

Established Member
Reaction score
Here comes DMM with their latest contender to VU+ DUO, the DM 7020HD which will be presented at Angla Cable in May.

They are a bit late and how long will i take for them to bring it out on the market?

Press:

Dream presents new HDTV boxes | dream-multimedia-tv.de

The prototype of the 7020HD, too, features an HDMI interface as well as an OLED display. This Dreambox comes equipped with a DVB-S2 tuner, and also has a socket for an additional plug-and-play tuner.
Appropriately, Dream will be presenting, for the first time, a plug-in DVB-S2 tuner module that can also be used in conjunction with the DM8000HD PVR.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting but the pricing is bound to be wrong to be a contender against the duo ,the 7020 supplied with a single tuner as standard with additional costs to make it into a twin.
I hope to get a duo sometime soon ,i hope:rolleyes:, if its as good as a dreambox then they might as well give up now or dramatically reduce the prices.

very interesting box.....will be out in a year..maybe 2 if we are lucky...at a very high price of course....DMM has been around for 10 years; maybe now it is time for them to face reality: there is a contender !

You should've also mentioned that they are intending on releaseing a dm800hd se, which will have a new tuner, more powerful processor, and a colour oled display. Here's the full text for anyone behind a firewall:

DM800HD se and DM7020HD at the Anga Cable show

World premiere at the Anga Cable show! Dream Multimedia, the leading supplier of Linux-based set-top boxes, will be presenting two new HDTV Dreamboxes at the trade show in Cologne from 4. to 6. May 2010.
The prototypes of the DM800HD se and the DM7020HD models will be presented for the first time. And there are more new developments from Dream.

The Dream Multimedia HDD Case is an elegant eSata-USB solution for connecting external hard drives to a Dreambox or a personal computer. The case will fit a 3.5“ hard drive, and features the typical Dream design. A particular highlight is that the contents of the hard drive can be encrypted using either a numeric code or a smartcard.

The presentation at booth H40 will, however, focus on the new HDTV Dreamboxes. The DM800HD se features a new DVB-S2 tuner as well as a more powerful processor. In addition to two Smartcard readers it also comes equipped with an HDMI interface. An absolutely new feature in this second edition of the DM800HD is the multi-colour OLED display.

The prototype of the 7020HD, too, features an HDMI interface as well as an OLED display. This Dreambox comes equipped with a DVB-S2 tuner, and also has a socket for an additional plug-and-play tuner.
Appropriately, Dream will be presenting, for the first time, a plug-in DVB-S2 tuner module that can also be used in conjunction with the DM8000HD PVR.

Naturally Dream will also be showing other products at the Anga Cable show, such as the current best-selling Dreambox, the DM500HD and the flagship, the DM8000HD PVR. The Dreambox team looks forward to seeing you at our show booth, H40.

hell...many of us aren't waiting for DMM boxe's anymore. take TOO long to come out; will be interested a little when or IF they come out :D

2015?? the end of the world is december 2012 and DMM knows that...they will be out before that believe me :D

Trouble is, the dmm announce things too early! Think how long it took for technomate et al to release their hd linux boxes! I've had my dm800 for nearly 2 years now... Would've been waiting much longer if I wanted to wait for the vu+ or the technomate hd boxes...

Some pictures from Anga Cable and the new 7020HD and 800HDSE

Attachments

• 100_0070.jpg
    100_0070.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 6,123
  • 100_0065.jpg
    100_0065.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 6,316
  • 100_0058.jpg
    100_0058.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 8,418
and some more...

Attachments

• 04052010055.jpg
    04052010055.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 22,629
  • 04052010059.jpg
    04052010059.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 7,214
That multi-colour oled display is looking really nice!!!

By the way, that was sarcasm ;) Can't even tell that it is a multi-colour display! Would be nice to see some pics of the back also ;)

Here is the official new broschures from DMM they handed out at Anga Cable 2010

Attachments

• 800hdse.jpg
    800hdse.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 15,630
  • 7020hd.jpg
    7020hd.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 18,619
  • dreamfern.jpg
    dreamfern.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 14,907
Last edited:
From what i can see, the DM7020HD have modular tuners which is better than Vu+ Duo, other than that i see no benefit hardware wise.

Attachments

• flyerDaten.jpg
    flyerDaten.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 16,401
Last edited:
That multi-colour oled display is looking really nice!!!

By the way, that was sarcasm ;) Can't even tell that it is a multi-colour display! Would be nice to see some pics of the back also ;)

Here is the back.

Attachments

• CIMG1892.jpg
    CIMG1892.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 18,216

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom