New Dreambox 500HD

i asked from the uk distributor and was told sep/oct
i dont think they have any idea really

shame as i want this box

ooh i so want an 8000
but its out of my price range unless someone wants to give me 700 quid for my technomate box:rotfl:

anyone got any news on these, don't know if i should wait or get a dm800 hd clone

anyone got any news on these, don't know if i should wait or get a dm800 hd clone

When you can pick up a clone 800 for £175 delivered it's a no brainer.

Hi thfccambs

Would be really grateful if you could pm the details to me as well, thanks a lot.

since its now nearly the end of september and no box has been released- anyone else think this was hype by Dream to buy time with the market
keep the punters dangling and keep competitors chasing

The new Dreambox DM500HD will be out in December according the email i got back from Dream Multimedia and will be for sale for under £300 which is not a bad price .

By the way. does the DM800HD clone suffer from any issues like freezing , hanging, lip sync, images compatibility or overheating.

Regards

i got an email today from Dream today as well, they never mentioned when but just said soo, man these guys are slow, is there a new technomate due out soon in hd

When you can pick up a clone 800 for £175 delivered it's a no brainer.

Hi !

Just wondered if anybody can tell me if there is any difference between the clone 800 and the genuine thing ? Tempted to get the clone but don't want it to go kaput after a few months ! ;)

With clone boxes, dmm have implemented some checks to stop it from working. This, for the most part, is bypassed by going back to an earlier secondstage loader (kind of like the box's firmware). However, I have read of some people who have had major problems with their clone boxes, in that the box won't work with the tuner inserted...

Personally, I have a genuine box, but the fact that the clones are around £200 cheaper makes it seem more of a tempting idea... Lots of people don't have problems with clones, lots of people do. Pay your money, take your chance...

Guess I could live without HD until Xmas, but would prefer a 500HD much sooner.
Looks like Dream are using the same tactics employed by Sony with the PS3, but I waited patiently for one of those as well. :)

Last edited:
Also wondering if anyone had some more info on a release date.
Saw it on one site for 299€ but no release date.

I'm new to dreambox but reading around made me wonder would the new DM500HD read official subscription cards when inserted in the card reader slot ? say ,Nova /cyfra+
or it needs a cam to do so , as i t has no common interface slot
many thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom