New Dreambox 500HD

thfccambs

Banned
Mentioned this on the DM800 thread but thought it deserved it's own thread.

first picture of the DM500 HD

New HD Dream for ANGA

ANGA CABLE 2009 - COLOGNE. The set-top vendor Dream Multimedia will be showing its new DM500 HD HD receiver at ANGA later this month.
The DM500 will join the higher-end single tuner DM800 HD PVR and all singing, all dancing DM8000 twin-tuner PVR and DVD recorder.
Aimed at allowing a fully personalized use of the Dreambox, with its hard drive, DVD burner, WLAN and interchangeable tuner for digital cable, satellite and terrestrial reception and flexible Linux operating system, the DM8000 remains Dream's ‘highlight'.
“The DM8000 provides clear evidence that the consumer certainly does want all-in-one units. Nobody wants a whole stack of equipment in his living room. The DM8000 HD PVR DVD provides all the benefits of digital television in a single unit“, explains Dream's Alpaslan Karasu.
Dream Multimedia has reportedly had difficulty keeping up with demand for its high-end box.

Last edited:

bob1

I take it the photos are from the show?
I'm not too keen on that remote ,i prefer the look of the old one.
Have they revealed a price yet?

thfccambs

Banned
I take it the photos are from the show?
I'm not too keen on that remote ,i prefer the look of the old one.
Have they revealed a price yet?

£250 /300 Euros. :confused:

Any idea of when this is shipping?

Thanks

Not yet mate, hopefully soon though.:)

thfccambs

Banned
That looks goos i mihgt get one for the bedroom :smashin:. how you getting on with your 800 hg thfcambs you bored of it yet?

Been bored of it for months mate, jusy don't want to pay £900 for the DM8000HD. :(

ws.uk

have you noticed the bloody thing dont have any usb ports, i'll stick with me 800 thanks:smashin:

regards: ws.uk

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
have you noticed the bloody thing dont have any usb ports, i'll stick with me 800 thanks:smashin:

Never mind the USB where's the analogue HD component for earlier HD capable displays ?

MartiniB

Novice Member
1 .Never mind the USB
2. where's the analogue HD component for earlier HD capable displays ?

shure?! you stole so many features then, like
memory stick; external hdd; wireless; second dvb-? tuner; ..

i think component will be able on scart

thfccambs

Banned
Dream delivers new receiver from July

The receiver manufacturer Dream-Multimedia (Dreambox) is in July with the delivery of his new HDTV receiver DM500 HD start.

As the company announced on Thursday, the device for around 300 Euro available. Fitted is the entry-level model, inter alia, with an HDMI port and an eSATA port for external hard drives. Further technical details, the manufacturer has not yet published.

Source: sat + kabel

fernandez

Novice Member
English!
Now i hope you get infracted too!

Business best left to mods and admins
but
have you noticed this handy feature at the bottom of every page?

Attachments

• AV Translate.jpg
    AV Translate.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 2,504

CrazySyD

Standard Member
hi, im wondering if someone can help, i currently have a dreambox dm500 although im not really using, but im thinking of getting a HD dreambox, 800 or 8000 etc. Well anyway i got the dreambox 500 out yesterday just to see if i can tune in to the HD transponders but for some reason i can tune in to all the other transponders just not the HD ones. Why would that be could it be my dish or is the dm500 not meant to tune in to HD transponders? help :lease:

R

RoYaL KiD

hi, im wondering if someone can help, i currently have a dreambox dm500 although im not really using, but im thinking of getting a HD dreambox, 800 or 8000 etc. Well anyway i got the dreambox 500 out yesterday just to see if i can tune in to the HD transponders but for some reason i can tune in to all the other transponders just not the HD ones. Why would that be could it be my dish or is the dm500 not meant to tune in to HD transponders? help :lease:
Using one thread is enough, Thats two threads you have hijacked. I have answered you in the other thread you hijacked.

johnny29

Standard Member
First testing driver and image for DM500 HD is here
Code:
http://www.x-sat.org/index.php?direction=0&order=&directory=DREAMBOX/Images/DM500HD&
disponible for download
Othet info and testing here
Code:
http://www.receptiasatelit.biz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99
I'm back with news for this model :cool:

z80

Standard Member

I'd take another look at the photos, USB is clearly visable

nenito2k

hi to all you guys. I am interested in getting one of these. We are in late july and still no date; the device is not available yet! have we got a clear release window??? and since the product has been pushed...is there any chance it will retail below the 300 euros ???

Didds

Novice Member
hi to all you guys. I am interested in getting one of these. We are in late july and still no date; the device is not available yet! have we got a clear release window??? and since the product has been pushed...is there any chance it will retail below the 300 euros ???

Lol. It's late August now. :)
From what I can gather from various other sites. Dreambox release dates are always late and very vaque. I've seen a couple of sites doing pre-orders for them at £299. But no release date.
I'm also very interested in getting one.:(

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

What's new on Disney+ UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Klipsch announces ProMedia 2.1 BT speaker set
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
No Time to Die gets pushed to 8th Oct 2021
  • By Andy Bassett