1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW DLP's

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Blondie, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Blondie

Blondie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any news yet of some new blood DLP's coming to the market :smashin: it seems like they all look and perform the same (except the sammy 50").
    lion anymore news on the next gen LG models :eek: :eek:
    you never know they may be quite good :rotfl: if the new plasma's are anything to go buy, they'll start out performing Sony :clap: :clap:
    I want a new 60" LG DLP :suicide: :eek: or maybe :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

2. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504
    LOL.... Hi Blondie I thought you would of had enough of your current LG without planning to buy another. (Hi Lion :hiya: )

It seems that the newer DLP sets will be a true 1080i compatible ie 1920x1080 displays :clap: :clap: :clap:

I think the next 18 months or so we will see alot more manufacturers producing these DLP rear pro beauties.

The set I am looking forward to seeing is the Sony 70' (kourosh :hiya: ) and if it ever arrives over here the Mitsubishi 82' :thumbsup:

I wonder if Lions set will still be working in 18 months time. :rolleyes: As he never switches it on it he might just be lucky :D

My dream set would be 1920x1080 and around the 100' mark :D

3. Lion

Lion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    ... and under £2000 :D

4. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504
    That would be a very nice dream :rolleyes:

:D

5. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +907
    hi razor :hiya:
    the dreams getting closer,sky HD sept,xbox360 nov,sony qualia dec this must be the 1st year that i want summer to end quickly :clap: :clap: :clap:

6. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504
    Kourosh :hiya:

I also heard that SKY are launching HD this year :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm more excited about the new PS3 :eek: than the xbox360.

7. malso

malso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    prices aren't dropping any more and its gone fairly quiet too........all the new dlp's are now relagated to page 4 on Dealtime :mad: :(

i dont think we'll see them over here until next year

8. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +907
    oh yes defin ps3,but untill the little box of trix is out we can have some fun on the xbox360 to get us going.The sky news is great i heard a little rummour as well for sept from our sky rep(lets hope its true cause thats only 2 and a half months away :eek: :eek: :clap: :clap: i have to star looking for new place to live now cause im in a flat and can only get cable,wheres that property guide :rolleyes:

9. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504
    Kourosh :hiya:

I have heard of mini dishes that can be used internaly at your window. I dont know how good they are or if they are still beign produced, I saw this product about 5 years ago.

I will get a xbox 360 to tide me over untill the PS3 come out.

I have found some HD xbox trailers for download.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...02-b529-469e-ae6a-7417fcde9e12&displaylang=en

BTW do you know what make of HD boxes will be out ath the time of release (pace, panasonic??). Are they releasing a PVR version. If they did a large hard drive would be needed.

I cant wait 2.5 months isnt long to wait. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

10. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +907

the boxes are gonna be made by tompson :rolleyes: ,i have seen the small dishes,ive also seen the ones that can bee hidden inside a wall mounted light,but to be honest ive gotta move in order to get the bigger screen :eek: the front room is not very big.since the mrs moved in the flat has been very cramped with all the junk women carry about :rolleyes:

11. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504

Shoes and hand bags :mad: I nearly broke my neck on her collection at the last place I was staying at. It was laid out on the floor and I tripped over it in the middle of the night. :nono:

Try www.findaproperty.com :smashin:

Make sure you can fit a 70' screen in your new place :smashin:

12. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +907
    that site looks interesting :smashin: dont worry the next place will defin be big enough for 70" :D and all her junk :D

13. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504

Nice to see your planning for a 70' screen. When i was looking for my current house my main consideration was fitting a large screen display in the lounge. Most people thought I was mad (they were right of course) :smashin:

14. Steve.J.Davies

Steve.J.Davies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    Nice one Razor.... <g>
    I ignore what others think about those kind of criteria - as long as the voices in my head are not complaining then everything is okay...

15. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +907
    same with me,people say why do you need a bigger tv :confused: simple answer......cause i do :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

16. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504
    :hiya:

Big TV's have always been a priority to me, I can't watch a movie or a program on a 21' set and get any sort of enjoyment. To me there's not much difference between a 21' set and a radio.

Everyone who see's a big display coments on how much of a cinema effect it has and how much more enjoyment they get from a movie or program.

I wouldnt be to concerned about hearing voices in your head, loads of famous people have the same problem. ie. Jack the Ripper, Ted bundy etc.... :devil:

BTW I'm still holding out for the 82' Mitsubishi Screen making its way over to the UK. :rolleyes:

17. Steve.J.Davies

Steve.J.Davies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    I knew you waiting for that set - a voice told me...

18. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504

:rolleyes: LOL..... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

19. Br41ns

Br41ns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31

I hope sky HD does arrive in sept, the sooner the better.

Had a feeling the mitsy 82 would be mentioned, knowing our luck the bloody thing will never make it to our shores. Mind you think this year will def be expensive enough. :D

20. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504
    br14n

I can't wait to see all the Blockbusters shown in HD. Event Horizon, Die Hard, Batman Begins, Star Wars 3, ID4, Aliens Series etc. I'm also a big US series junkie, fav shows at the mo are follows: 24, Lost, Dead Zone, Navy CIS, The 4400, SG-1, Atlantis, Battlestar Galactica, Enterprise, Numbers, X-files. As you can see I like allot of these types of programs. I have a fair few in HD but they have compression and HD isnt about compression.

I think nature programs will look very good in HD. As I do a bit of diving when ever I can get out of the UK I would love to see Blue Planet in HD, a great nature series. (Just got back from the Red Sea 1 week ago and had a 12 foot Hammerhead Shark come 10 foot away from me :smashin: an amazing experiance :clap: )

The Mitsubishi is in my dreams, just dont tell the missus :D

Would you go for the 82' Mitsubishi if it arrived on our shores?

21. Br41ns

Br41ns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Razor, Youve got me drooling just thinking about it. Glad to see someone else likes the same progs as me. Cant wait to see them in HD. As for the blockbusters, they're sh** hot upscaled so def cant wait to see them in all their HD glory.

If the mitsy comes out over here then i can see me belting some extra shifts in and dislocating my other ankle so i can have another 2mths of sheer tv heaven, prob would wait a wee while till the price dropped a bit though. :D

22. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504
    I nearly fell over when i saw my first Episode of Lost in HD, it has great picture quality. :eek: I dont know if you have seen all this series, its just finished in the US but another 5 series more are planned :clap:

My RD65 is 5 foot wide and the Mitsubishi is 7 foot wide, 2 foot and 2 months of extra pleasure :eek: ...lol :rotfl:

Just incase some of you havent seen the 82' Mitsubishi here it is.

http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/televisions/details.asp?id=94

The thing that makes me laugh on this internet ad is they have a picture of a room and the 82' display isn't in it. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I guess they couldn't fit it in for the photo shoot. Your right about the price it goes for around the $16,000-00 mark at the moment which isnt cheap. But for the size of display I suppose its not to bad. How much would an inferior plasma cost at this size? I hate to think :eek:

23. Steve.J.Davies

Steve.J.Davies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    "I can't wait to see all the Blockbusters shown in HD. Event Horizon, Die Hard..."

not sure if Event Horizon was filmed in HD but if it was and its a good transfer keep a close eye on the ship blowing up stuff at the end. Look in the windows and see if you can recognise the little figures in there...

24. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504

Steve :hiya:

Save me getting my copy out and searching for the scene you are refering to. What figures are there? :confused:

I see you like this film as well. It kind of reminds me of an Exorcist in Space.

I hope a HD version does apear as all the detail on the ship would look very impressive. :thumbsup:

BTW the main character Sam Neil heard voices in his head too :smashin: Look what happened there.... :D

25. Blondie

Blondie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i will defo have room for 70" hope it's in my room by JAN :smashin: :smashin:
    i was opting for the loewver 55" but now i may wait :confused:

26. Blondie

Blondie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    44" screen is just to small now :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

27. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504
  28. Blondie

Blondie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    that's it then the 44" screen, is the new 32" just to small :eek:
    the RD65 looks a good set with the correct screen size :smashin: however as i dived in two years ago with the first DLP set to visit these fine shores i don't want to dive in again without a little thought :lesson: i've learned from the LG which is currently still performing :clap: :clap:
    since you mentioned the Sony 70" Razor part of me has already decided that i want that set :D as for the mits 82" it looks a fine set and will blow many plasma's into the water, however a 7ft wide screen would render a divorce :suicide: but the other half has seen the pics of the Sony and likes :clap: :clap: so here's hoping it visits these shores :smashin: as for the loewver 55, still unsure :confused: lamp life of 4000hrs :thumbsdow on nearly 5000's worth :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

29. Br41ns

Br41ns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Razor, hadnt even thought about why there was no tv in the room, you're prob right though. I hate to imagine what size the box would be, i mean my sammy box was HUGE. Im sure your RD65 box must have been F'n HUGE. :D

30. Br41ns

Br41ns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31

Must agree with you on that, i thought my sammy 50 would be the biggest id go but now one of mates has a front proj im beginning to think i could get away with bigger. Like you said i think the women of the house would be ****** though, been threatened with me ending up in the wheelie bin with my toys in the past. :D