New DLP Projectors

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by maj74, Jul 1, 2002.

1. maj74

maj74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    What Hi-Fi this moth reviewed the Cinexone DLP projector from Dream Vision (A french company) 5 star review and what appeared to be sensible valid comments from someone who actually knew what to look for. (though his comment about DLP being technically superior to LCD will no doubt raise a few hackles!!!)

I wanted to find out about the deinterlacer in the machine, and dream vision came back with : It's an ARCE type of chip.

Anyone know what this means in quality terms. While I'm sure it's no Faroujda, is it a respectable scaler and does it mean that the projector in effect is creating a proressive picture or not?

Anyone know?

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Martin.

2. maj74

maj74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I mean progressive of course.... My typing really is appalling this evening.

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,042
    All DLP's show an image progressively. The Cinexone was at CEDIA uk. You can read my comments about it on the Post Event Analysis forum.

Gordon