1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New DLP Projectors

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by maj74, Jun 15, 2002.

1. maj74

maj74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    How many people have seen this months 'What Hi-Fi'?

Dream Vision Cinexone gets five star rating, and a FAIRLY comprehensive review (given it's a mag. large amount of salt should be taken.)

Looked in internet for specs.

Found a lumen rating of 1,100

claimed contrast ratio of 750:1

price £3100 (though as this is a mag. price I'm sure it'll be available for less.)

A few pages further on and the LG RD-JT20 is mentioned.

Now looking at LG pages gives the impression that this is a clone machine of the above. Only the CR is different claimed at 600:1

price £2299

Anyone know about these machines? Are they clones? (and therefore LG being a bit more honest with their CR and very aggressive with their price!)

Anyone know if they're any good?

Anyone know where they're available from? (I know the UK distributor for Dream Vision is Lenbrook UK, but where can you actually buy!!!)

These seem like they may be machines worth serious consideration. Any comments from anyone?

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My first comment is that, whilst what hifi have an ear for music, their eye is not as reliable. I'd take their review with a hand full of salt until someone more trust worthy comments!

Ad

3. Mark Grant

Mark Grant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
  4. Edward Greatrex

Edward Greatrex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As gorgeous as this projector is, I've a sneaking suspicion that it's going to be out of my (and many other people's) price range. It never ceases to amaze me that out of all the specifications manufacturers can quote price isn't one of them...Anyway, more detailed specs are available at the following link.

http://www.projectiondesign.com/projectors/F1_specific.html

5. Edward Greatrex

Edward Greatrex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I took the liberty of emailing the company to find out the price and, for all those interested, they have quoted the price as being 13000 euros (roughly £8300 in proper money).

Is it just me or is the popularity of the Panasonic PTAE100 something which manufacturers should be taken notice of? I can't understand why they are missing out on what could potentially be a lucrative home market.

I intend to get a projector in September/October, and will have a budget of £3000. Ideally I want a DLP model that is geared toward home use and not strictly boardroom. However, unless a greater selection exists that I can make a choice from I may have to compromise in some areas.