• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

new dlp or just new to me.??

deltafx

Established Member
in currys to day they had a 52in LG setup.is this a new dlp LG52sz8r i cannot find any reviews of it. they also had 42in LG lcd setup with the same looks as the dlp.. the lcd had the better picture.

kourosh

Distinguished Member
there was rumours of a new model but its supposed to be a 62" :confused: may have to pop down to my local currys to see what it is

the_pauley

Banned
The last people you can rely on to set up these DLPs properly is the staff of one of these major UK fridge shifters, especially Currys (see other threads for lots on this). Most pictures on DLPs I auditioned were fairly poor when switched on, but when I demoed the sets I adjusted the settings using a THX Optomizer disc.

Cue "oohs" and "ahs" from the sales assistants... :rolleyes:

There are lots of other variations to bear in mind apart wondering if they have set it up correctly. For instance, what was feeding the LCD and what was feeding the DLP?

deltafx

Established Member
i think they both fed by hd the colours looked alot richer on the lcd. i think the dlp tv as been out in oz for bit

kourosh

Distinguished Member
lg tends to be running most of there hd screens with hidef stuff e.g the fruit,flowers etc,i saw a demo on there 37"lcd and it looked pretty good :thumbsup:

kourosh

Distinguished Member
this is from the aussie site,ive looked on uk site they still omly have the 44" but like most sites its prob well out of date :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom