New DLC incoming

Pudlian

Established Member
Reaction score
The DLC is inbound on 20th December, 4 cars, no tracks plus a free Car and free Kart and quite a few tweaks in the update

Source:

New Gran Turismo 5 Update & DLC Coming December 20th [UPDATE: Full Details]

Kazunori Yamauchi has announced Gran Turismo 5‘s next software update and new downloadable content will be coming on December 20, 2011. Via Twitter:

[Japanese tweet, translated:] GT5 next update, DLC, Christmas is one week later. On December 20. Tomorrow is going to be a press release.

[English tweet:] The release of the next GT5 update, DLC, and Christmas present is coming next week.

Polyphony Digital has already posted an online service maintenance notice for the date, between the hours of 03:00-04:00 GMT, so the new material should become available at that specific time.

UPDATE: Sony has jumped the gun a bit, posting all the information about the new content on their blog. Here’s a complete listing of all the new changes coming in GT5 2.02:

Users can now change wheels on Standard cars
The settings sheets will include a new ‘copy’ feature
In GT Auto, players will be able to see how the oil changes, aerodynamic parts, engine overhauls, and racing modifications will affect performance points and engine power, before and after their application
Free coupons have been added that allow you to wash cars, change oil, overhaul your engine, or refresh the car body in GT Auto (10 coupons will be distributed for free to each of those who have downloaded the 2.02 update)
Pressing the Square button in the car coupon selection screen of the Car Delivery will now allow you to exchange all car coupons at once, rather than doing one at a time
In screens where the [Garage] and [Driver List] buttons are displayed in the A/B Spec events, Special Events, and Seasonal Events, pressing the Square button will now show the [Garage], and pressing the Triangle button will bring up the drivers list
In My Lounge, the room settings will feature a new ‘Max. number of participants’ setting
In the event selection screen of seasonal events, there are now ☆(star) marks that show the number of Gold Trophies attained in each event
Improved racing sound effects
Elements of the steering assist controls (used when using certain controllers on Racing Karts) have been tweaked.

These new cars will also be available as DLC for $3.99:

2011 Mini Cooper S
2010 Volkswagen Golf VI R
2010 Volkswagen Scirocco R
2012 Nissan GT-R Black edition R35.

The blog post also confirms the Toyota 86 will be available for free in the 2.02 update, and the previous batch of DLC will now be available on all the user accounts of a PlayStation 3 console (they can be purchased from their respective dealers within the game).

Finally, anyone who purchased the first batch of DLC will receive a free “Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 SP” along with five free “New Car Refresh” cards that reset any car in the game back to as-new condition, without losing any modifications that have been performed to it.

Another Nissan GT-R? :suicide:

Back down to earth with a bump! I really did think the Spa DLC was going to be the start of a stream of new DLC tracks........how wrong was I??

I won't be buying this car pack. No tracks, ***??

One step forward, two steps back.

come on seb

this

I'll probably delete all my save data and start again, lol. I have been dreaming of this moment for a very long time.

Last edited:
Why have they left it so late to bring out patches and DLC it has been a year now since the game got released

come on seb

this

I'll probably delete all my save data and start again, lol. I have been dreaming of this moment for a very long time.

:laugh:

Have a read over on the GT Planet forums mate, this is a genuine big deal for some!!

Why have they left it so late to bring out patches and DLC it has been a year now since the game got released

Holmes.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist;)

I don't think £7 or w/e it was is worth it for 3 or 4 cars some helmets and some race suits haha

:laugh:

Have a read over on the GT Planet forums mate, this is a genuine big deal for some!!

It's always a good read for a laugh.

I suppose it's good that they are still supporting the game but most of what's in the update is unimportant crap. High-res wheels on standard cars is something I guess. The DLC is a bit underwhelming. I didn't expect another track so soon after Spa but only four cars is a let down. At least they are current models, all nice additions, but by releasing another GT-R I'm left wondering if PD are consciously trying to become a parody of themselves? :suicide:

Improved racing sound effects? A bit vague. I wonder what they've done? It can't be improved/realistic engine sounds otherwise I'm sure they would have made a big deal of it.

I actually really wanted a 2010-era VW DLC pack but this is a year too late. Traded it in last month for BF3 having waited for DLC since last November.

Why did they start releasing DLC on its year anniversary? Just plain strange.

Because of Forza 4 I'd imagine.

Putting aside the lack of additional tracks, that is an incredibly poor and unimaginative car list. Who was ever going to notice the omission of any of them?

The other updates are just minor touches. Am expecting nothing less than a compact efficient download size(!)

It may just be me, but the Volkswagen cars are amongst the first cars I look towards in a racing game (I own a Polo lol).

I quite enjoy driving cars that are standard cars. . . .it's great having the super cars but I also love common cars too so I was a bit upset when GT had no modern era VW cars. No New Polo, no New Golf, and not even a Scirocco which had been out a while.

The list of "Common" car manufacturers premium cars were poor.

It may just be me, but the Volkswagen cars are amongst the first cars I look towards in a racing game (I own a Polo lol).

I quite enjoy driving cars that are standard cars. . . .it's great having the super cars but I also love common cars too so I was a bit upset when GT had no modern era VW cars. No New Polo, no New Golf, and not even a Scirocco which had been out a while.

The list of "Common" car manufacturers premium cars were poor.

Agreed, I love all the hot hatches and premium saloons as well as the super cars and race cars. So the new Golf and Scirocco are most welcome.

Considering GT5 has such a huge car list there are so many cars missing from it, and many of the cars I love are low-res standard models. Where are the premium versions of the new Seat Ibiza/Leon Cupra, the latest Civic Type-R hatchback, the new Ford Focus and Fiesta ST, the Vauxhall Astra VXR? Why is there no premium Audi S4 or RS4?

Instead we get loads of Japanese k-cars with no performance or racing pedigree to speak of. Well done PD.

Forza has half the cars but the car list is at least twice as good.

the sound can't get any worse...

Unfortunately it seems GT5 has almost become the victim of it's "we love cars" slogan. If the game didn't have such a huge car list as part of the original game, the five new ones would seem more impressive.

They need to get their priorities straight for GT6. The "we love cars" slogan is all well and good but is the game intended to be a racing sim or a car encyclopedia pokemon-style collecting game? I think most players want the former.

Over a thousand cars sounds impressive but that "love" has only been applied to the 200 premium cars, which do look stunning, however the standards are an embarrassment.

With GT6 they need to focus purely on sports and performance cars. If that means cutting the car list in half then do so. Who wants to race a Dihatsu Midget, a Samba bus, a Nazi officers car? Not many I'd imagine.

They need to get their priorities straight for GT6. The "we love cars" slogan is all well and good but is the game intended to be a racing sim or a car encyclopedia pokemon-style collecting game? I think most players want the former.

Over a thousand cars sounds impressive but that "love" has only been applied to the 200 premium cars, which do look stunning, however the standards are an embarrassment.

With GT6 they need to focus purely on sports and performance cars. If that means cutting the car list in half then do so. Who wants to race a Dihatsu Midget, a Samba bus, a Nazi officers car? Not many I'd imagine.

I agree mate

How about a bog standard edition of GT6 with all the tracks and features. They then have loads of different groups of cars (Super GT's, LMP's, DTM's etc) as DLC, and then people can pick and choose which ones they want in their garage.

I like this idea, I for one don't really want to race IMO boring cars that you see next to you at the traffic lights every day.

How about a bog standard edition of GT6 with all the tracks and features. They then have loads of different groups of cars (Super GT's, LMP's, DTM's etc) as DLC, and then people can pick and choose which ones they want in their garage.

It's a good idea, one which I'd be very happy with. In future when games are download only I can see the likes of GT and Forza adopting subscription models and you buy all the add-on content.

I'm still annoyed that PD had the chance to include official DTM and FIA GT licenses in their game and had to turn them down. :facepalm: :suicide: I'd still be playing the game if those two were in there.

It's a good idea, one which I'd be very happy with. In future when games are download only I can see the likes of GT and Forza adopting subscription models and you buy all the add-on content.

I'm still annoyed that PD had the chance to include official DTM and FIA GT licenses in their game and had to turn them down. :facepalm: :suicide: I'd still be playing the game if those two were in there.

It's kind of what Forza are (have been doing). Although comparatively smaller, there is not really any filler in the car line up on the retail disc, but they are supplementing these cars with regular DLC, and people can choose to have them or not.

I reckon this business model is going to make Turn 10 / Microsoft a hell of a lot more cash than the route Polyphony / Sony have chosen.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom