New DLC due January 24th!

chuffster2005

Established Member
Reaction score
No word as to what it actually consists of though!

Infinity Ward has revealed that the first Modern Warfare 3 DLC will launch on January 24, 2012.

It'll be available to Call of Duty Elite members on Xbox Live first.
Infinity Ward creative strategist Robert Bowling said in a Call of Duty Elite video that Modern Warfare 3 will offer more varied DLC than previous series entries, and confirmed that IW, Sledgehammer and Raven are all working on updates for the game.

"The way we're doing downloadable content this year is unlike we've never done before," he said. "Not only in how you can get it - in content drops or choose for the collection - but also the type of content you're getting. We're doing more than just maps. We're going to do Spec Ops missions and a variety of things that players have never seen before.

"That's the great thing about having three developers that are contributing to the season of content. You have Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer and Raven all pitching in. The full season of content for Modern Warfare 3 kicks off for Elite subscribers on January 24 on Xbox Live."

Having bought the Hardened Edition solely for the DLC (maps, nothing else) I hope they do not screw me over and release only 3/4 maps with the rest of it made up of god knows what.

I wish he would give specifics of what to expect instead of the usual smoke and mirrors guff.

If that happens I will be a very sad bunny.

I would at least similar amounts of DLC maps to be released as per previous games (region of 16 DLC maps).

Having bought the Hardened Edition solely for the DLC (maps, nothing else) I hope they do not screw me over and release only 3/4 maps with the rest of it made up of god knows what.

I wish he would give specifics of what to expect instead of the usual smoke and mirrors guff.

If that happens I will be a very sad bunny.

I would at least similar amounts of DLC maps to be released as per previous games (region of 16 DLC maps).

Agree, don't like the cryptic wording which suggests it won't be the traditional map additions. If the other stuff is on top of normal maps, then great, but if its instead of, they can shove it. In some ways I wish I hadn't been so hasty in getting the hardened version now.

New weapons would be an interesting one.

I'm still happy I've gone for hardend I can't see me buying another game until the next COD comes out so £65 for a years worth of gaming is fine with me.

But can understand why many will be unhappy if the DLC's prove a flop.

New weapons would be an interesting one.

I'm still happy I've gone for hardend I can't see me buying another game until the next COD comes out so £65 for a years worth of gaming is fine with me.

But can understand why many will be unhappy if the DLC's prove a flop.

I had Black Ops free with my Xbox so even better value :thumbsup::D

TBH CoD is the only game I play, was the same on my PS3, only played MW2 until Blops came out, then switched to that. The main problem I'm finding is that the games are not working properly for me, and they're not (able to be?) fixed. This means that instead of getting enjoyment from the game, I'm getting frustration.

It looks like Battlefield Beta :)

Err... MW3 is the last one. Or are you on about Blops 2 on the new Xbox thingy?

Last edited:
heres pic thats been released

405608_314596365237977_206013049429643_951119_447144880_n.jpg

It looks like Battlefield Beta :)

Err... MW3 is the last one. Or are you on about Blops 2 on the new Xbox thingy?

I know there was rumours that BLops 2 was a launch title for the next Xbox but I can't see next November passing without the usual COD release. It's simply worth too much money to them. Unless we get the new Xbox in 2012.

MW3 smashed Black Ops sales to bits surely if you're going to give people a reason to upgrade it won't be a B Grade COD :p

MW3 smashed Black Ops sales to bits surely if you're going to give people a reason to upgrade it won't be a B Grade COD :p

Really? What are the figures?

B-Grade? Black Ops might have had its issues but it trumps MW3 in certain areas and the only real issue that affected a number of people was lag compensation. Something that i never suffered from. If it wasnt for MW3 I`d still be playing it. And it was nice to play a game where TI couldnt be abused and dickscoping wasnt so encouraged by the developer. :facepalm:

B-Grade? Black Ops might have had its issues but it trumps MW3 in certain areas and the only real issue that affected a number of people was lag compensation. Something that i never suffered from. If it wasnt for MW3 I`d still be playing it. And it was nice to play a game where TI couldnt be abused and dickscoping wasnt so encouraged by the developer. :facepalm:

I agree, while I am really enjoying MW3 it's not as good as Blops, in fact this is the first time I have felt the COD release hasn't improved year on year.

I did mean the next Treyarch release if that means buying the new console I'll do that :D

Like others have said I can't see there not being another game in the COD series. If it's more than a year away then I guess my £65 will go even further :smashin:

Black Ops' biggest problems compared to MW2 was the lag compensation and hit detection. MW3 also has crappy lag compensation, but the hit detection isn't as bad. Blops would be the best by a mile if they had been able to fix either of those problems.

Black Ops' biggest problems compared to MW2 was the lag compensation and hit detection. MW3 also has crappy lag compensation, but the hit detection isn't as bad. Blops would be the best by a mile if they had been able to fix either of those problems.

Don't get me started on Black Ops problems, but on the final point they would not even acknowledge the problem let alone attempt to fix it.

Don't get me started on Black Ops problems, but on the final point they would not even acknowledge the problem let alone attempt to fix it.

Problem? First I heard of it, no issues on either of my Blops 15th prestiges. :smashin: Wonder if I'll go 10th twice on MW3.....

I agree that was a terrible state of affairs. its just odd how this lag compensation never affected me. The maps take a great wazz all over the MW3 maps too. Much more variation in map types and sizes. Treyarch definitely have the map-making advantage in my eyes.

I can only say I preferred some Black Ops maps most I was indifferent to or hated. Combat training was one of the best things in it slightly marred by the recoil canceling wallhacking AI aimbots. It was really good how they continually added abilities to them along the way. They could practically use everything in the game in the end.

Last edited:
Problem? First I heard of it, no issues on either of my Blops 15th prestiges. :smashin: Wonder if I'll go 10th twice on MW3.....

Other way around for me. No problems on MW3 whereas Blops was just a nightmare.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom